Bookhardt Selected Children’s Advocacy Center Board Director
By Space Coast Daily // July 10, 2012
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA — The Friends of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard recently elected attorney Samuel Bookhardt III as a new Board Director. Bookhardt is a Partner with Vance, Lotane and Bookhardt, P.A., a law firm with offices in Cocoa and Palm Bay.
Mr. Bookhardt earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1994 from the University of Central Florida, and his Juris Doctor degree in 1997 from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida.
He joined the Office of the State Attorney in the 18th Judicial Circuit in 1997 as Assistant State Attorney. Mr. Bookhardt served in the United States Army from 1980 until 1983.
He is a member in good standing with The Florida Bar, the Brevard County Bar Association, where he served as President in 2010-2011; Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Florida Justice Association.
Bookhardt’s commitment to being a part of the Friends of the CACB Board is because of its reputation and dedication to protecting, providing and caring for the most innocent members of our community. He lives in Titusville with his wife and kids.
The Friends of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard is a nonprofit organization comprised of volunteers whose purpose is to increase awareness of the issues of child abuse and neglect, and to raise funds to support the mission of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard.
In addition to Bookhardt, Board Officers and Directors are:
• President: Randall Coleman, Vice President, Global Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch
• Vice President: Kimberly Gwiazda, Victim Witness Counselor, Office of the State Attorney, 18 th Judicial Circuit
• Secretary: Andrew Pickett, Assistant State Attorney, Office of the State Attorney, 18th Judicial Circuit
• Treasurer: Don Hemmenway, Engineering Manager, Intersil Corporation
• Vice Presidents of Fundraising: Delores Spearman and Peta Adovasio, Community Volunteers; David Brock, President/CEO, Community Credit Union of Florida; Maxwell King, Ed.D., Community Volunteer and Retired College President; Jessie Das Kirk, Owner of Kirk Realty in Titusville; Major John Mellick, Assistant Precinct Commander-East; Brevard County Sheriff’s Office; Diane Scott, Director of Child Welfare, Intervention Services, Inc.; Kenneth Whittaker, CPA/PFS, CFP, CLU/ChFC, Branch Manager, Raymond James Financial Services, Whittaker Cooper Financial Group; and Director Emeritus: Norman Wolfinger, State Attorney, 18th Judicial Circuit.
Advisory members include Sheriff Jack Parker; Helene Sanford, SPHR, Director of Human Resources and Compensation, Intersil Corporation; and Vicki Rios-Martinez, Community Volunteer.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard is a program of the Space Coast Health Foundation and is a multi-agency collaboration of child welfare professionals who intervene in all child sexual abuse cases, as well as the most severe cases of physical child abuse and neglect.
For more information lon on to cacbrevard.org or call 637-7652.