Sheridan Seeks Port Authority District 4 Seat
By Capt. Chuck Sheridan // July 29, 2012
CANDIDATE PLATFORM & PROFILE
EDITOR’S NOTE: Capt. Chuck Sheridan will run against the incumbent Bruce Deardoff on Aug. 14 for the Canaveral Port Authority, District 4 commission seat. All candidates have been invited to submit their platforms and profiles.
I am seeking your vote to serve as your Commissioner for Canaveral Port Authority, District 4.
Port Canaveral, by far, has more of an opportunity to create sustainable new jobs – and building a stronger economy then any other government or private sector entity in Brevard County.
I give you my promise that I will work to insure all the resources and opportunities that Port Canaveral has to offer in creating new sustainable jobs, stabilizing our economy and improving our community are achieved.
AS YOUR PORT COMMISSIONER I WILL FOCUS ON:
• Sustainable job growth
• Economic benefits that will provide long term growth
• Increase our property values
• Capture space-related and high tech jobs within the Port’s Free Trade Zone.
• Attract new industries to the Port and Brevard County
• Provide reliable, convenient public transportation connecting all of Brevard with all of Central Florida
• Support and protect small business endeavors
• Implement an alternative energy program at the Port, creating new jobs and supplying Green Renewable Energy
• Create enhanced networks to promote Brevard County as a great place to live, work and visit
As your Port Commissioner I will remain committed in my decision making with what is in the best interest of the residents of Brevard County.
Having been a resident of Brevard County most of my life I understand how important Port Canaveral is to our everyday lives. Decisions made by your elected Port Commissioners have a drastic effect on the economic stability of our community. An efficient and economically viable Port is essential to the long run economic vitality of Brevard County.
Capt. Chuck Sheridan’s Unique Experience:
• Over 35 years in Real Estate Development
• Licensed General Contractor 1980 – present
• Merchant Marine Master Captain (licensed by the United States Coast Guard)
• Former Chairman with Florida’s Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (appointed by Governor Jeb Bush in 2001)
• Former Chairmen for the Continuing Education Committee with the Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulations for the BCAIB
• Former Board Member on the Governors Construction Education Council
• USGBC: U.S. Green Building Council – Member
• Executive level Manager with Several Florida Business
• Husband, Father and a lifelong resident of Brevard County
I welcome your help in winning this important campaign. Please share this with the voters of Brevard.
– Captain Chuck Sheridan, Candidate for Canaveral Port Authority District 4