A publication of the Melbourne Regional Chamber of East Central Florida
Networking Tip #13
The Step Forward Rescue.
If your partner doesn’t introduce you to someone immediately, it’s your cue your partner can’t remember the person’s name. Step forward, extend your hand, introduce yourself and get the person’s name. Now you’ve helped your tag teammate out.
Some of our Members have recently celebrated Grand Openings and other Special Events with a Ribbon Cutting ceremony. Thank you to the Chamber Members who attend these events to show their support, as well as our Sponsor, PNC Bank.
Play Plus for Kids
Just a reminder…Ribbon Cuttings are open to all Chamber members and we encourage you to attend. For a listing of Scheduled Ribbon Cuttings, please visit the Chamber’s online Calendar of Events on the website under Events/Event Calendar & Registration, or CLICK HERE.
If you are interested in having the Chamber conduct a Ribbon Cutting for your event, please click on the QUICK LINKS tab above to complete the online Ribbon Cutting Request Form.
Thank you for your Chamber membership and your participation. Remember to call the Chamber for a referral the next time you need a product or service.
“Tips for Social Media”
Submitted by: Cheri Martin
Social Media Coach- WCN Interactive, Inc.
One of the major concerns all-sized businesses have, is how to get their social networks under control and manage them more effectively. There are a number of Social Media Dashboards, a tool you download that will help you keep all of your different social accounts in one place.
These dashboards are also interactive so you can post, tweet, comment, share and schedule all from one area instead of having to visit the individual sites. Each dashboard has different features, but all will help you to improve your social media efforts.
Five of the most used dashboards are:
1. Hootsuite – The most popular dashboard, has free, pro or enterprise options. It syncs up Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, the free option allows you to add up to 5 accounts and lets you pre-schedule posts. You can add Hootsuite to your WordPress blog for more advanced analytics.
2. TweetDeck – This free dashboard allows you to schedule tweets and flip between your social media accounts.
3. Sprout Social – Much more advanced than the other dashboards, supports Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yelp and Foursquare and has a small fee, but does offer a free trial. Its main feature is that you can check out the demographics, track relevant keywords and monitor competitor activity.
4. Argyle Social – An analytic dashboard, which more advanced companies use. It does have a cost but is perfect if you have a strong social media presence and are real active on all your accounts.
5. Seesmic – A free dashboard which allows you to schedule social shares, has alert settings and real-time updates. It works with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Foursquare and gives you a view of all the different posts as if it were a real conversation.
We are proud to announce Chamber Member Renewals for the month of JULY 2012, including ourDIAMOND Members who have been our partners for 20 years or longer.
40 to 45 Year Members
43 Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam, CPA’s & Assoc., LLP
40 Flamingo Printing of Brevard, Inc.
43 Florida Air Academy
40 Sorensen-Allied Moving & Storage
43 Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
35 to 40 Year Members 38 Waste Management
36 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
30 to 35 Year Members
34 Florida Institute of Technology
25 to 30 Year Members
26 Courtyard by Marriott
25 Michael’s Mens Store
20 to 25 Year Members
20 J-Mack Service Company
20 Kenneth P. Revay CM
24 Space Coast Early Intervention
15 to 20 Year Members
17 CCCS Computer Services
16 Sea Scape Motel
18 Spherion Staffing Group
17 Suntree Country Club
15 The Fountains of Melbourne
10 to 15 Year Members
13 Amy H. Addington, DDS PA
10 Boyd & Marks Law Firm
13 Century Oaks
12 Columbia College
12 Creative Network Innovations
10 Harbor City Animal Hospital
14 Sarno Business Complex
13 South Brevard Nursery
12 Wesche Jewelers
13 Whittaker Cooper Financial Group
5 to 10 Year Members
7 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore
6 Anytime Travel Solutions
6 Central Brevard Humane Society
6 Community Christian School
6 Congregations for Community Action
7 Indian River Networks
7 Personnel Plus/LF Staffing
5 Prestige Title of Brevard
6 RE/MAX Elite
5 Residence Inn Melbourne
8 State Farm Insurance – Arty Pagan
9 Taylor & Sons Moving & Storage
0 to 5 Year Members
4 AARP Foundation/ Worksearch
3 Blue Tangerine Solutions
2 Bouvier & Associates CPA’s
3 Camp Holly Airboat Rides
2 Clevens Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery
2 Common Stone Pottery, Inc.
1 Days Inn
0 Digital Color Resources, Inc.
1 Doug Hambel’s Plumbing, Inc.
2 Edible Arrangements
1 Express Employment Professionals
1 Philip Fougerousse, Attorney At Law
1 Ideal Image
1 Jersey Girl Deli
3 Kindred Hospital Melbourne
2 Kol Mashiach Messianic Synagogue
1 Lamplighter Village
0 Law Offices of Germain & Coulter LLC
3 Malabar Cove Apartments
4 MBV Engineering, Inc.
0 Nails in the City Nailbar
1 One Insurance Group, Inc.
0 Panera Bread
2 Rexel Electrical and Datacom
1 Runaway Country Space Coast Music Fest
2 Sam Jamison & Associates
2 Seacoast National Bank
3 Space Coast Ovarian/Gynecologic Cancer Alliance
2 SueAnn’s Bakery
2 VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc.