Sheriff’s Fall Classic Raises $107,000 In Sponsorships
By Space Coast Daily // October 13, 2012
PHILANTHROPY & SPORT
BREVARD COUNTY • VIERA, FLORIDA – The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office will host its annual Sheriff’s Fall Classic golf tourney Oct. 26 which benefits Crosswinds Youth Services and United Way of Brevard.
Since the inception of the tournament, Communications International has lead the way with a $10,000 Diamond Level Sponsor of the tournament. Communications International executives Mark Feurer and Henry Erfurt presented a check for $10,000 to Susan McGrath of United Way of Brevard and Jan Lokay of Crosswinds.
“We are overwhelmed by the extreme generosity of Mark, Henry and the entire Communications International team,” said Brevard County Sheriff Jack Parker. “We would not be able to have the level of success we have if not for the generosity of Communications International. They are an incredible company and an American success story and we are blessed they are a part of our community.”
The golf tournament is now completely full with 144 golfers and more hopeful golfers on the waiting list. More than 170 sponsors came forward and donated more than $107,000 in cash and services.
“We are speechless, even during these challenging economic times we have an abundance of generous business owners and citizens running to help us and support at-risk children right here in Brevard County,” said Parker. “We live in a very special county and are truly blessed by the people who live here.”
The Sheriff’s Office, United Way of Brevard and Crosswinds Youth Services recognizes and honors the following sponsors of the 2012 Sheriff’s Fall Classic:
• $10,000 Level: Communications International, Inc.
• Diamond – $5,000 Level: Christine Lance, Brevard Community College, Florida Today, Hometown News, Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
• Gold – $2,000 Level: Life Scan Wellness Center, GTL, Brevard Business News
• Silver – $1,000 Level: N-Sync Computer Services, Boniface Hiers Automotive Group, Space Coast Honda, Dr. & Mr. Lauren Romeo & Otis, Myra Igo Haley, Dr. & Mr. Lauren Romeo & Otis, Lockheed Martin Corporation, ExxonMobil/Southeast Petro, Armor Correctional Health Services, Robert E. Lehton – Family Pediatric Clinic, Mercedes of Melbourne, Nash & Kromash – Attorneys at Law, Craig Technologies, Waste Management Inc. of Florida, Florida Institute of Technology, Carroll Distributing, Platt Hopwood -Attorneys at Law, Space Coast Harley Davidson, BIMDA, Viera Company, Atlantic Business Systems, Cantwell & Goldman, P.A., The Miami Corporation, Health First, Brighthouse Networks, Tim Wakefield, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Harris PSPC, QinetiQ North America, Dr. Shashin Desai & Dr. Gopal Gadodia, DeBevoise & Poulton, P.A., Florida Blue, Cardiac Science, Aramark, and Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam CPAs and Associates
• Friends of the Sheriff – $500 Level: Island Lincoln Jaguar, Jan Lokay -President of Crosswinds, Jerry & Dixie Sansom, Mercedes Premier Homes, Coastal Health Systems, Rotroff, Fisher & Co., CPAs, P.A., Community Bank of the South, American Business Interiors, Walter & Dotti Gatti, DNA Labs International, Community Credit Union, David Lewis & Associates, Phantom Products, Bob Steele Chevrolet, Robert Rose – Bansbach Easylift, Kelsey’s Pizza, IAP Worldwide Services, Jim & Jonnie Swann Corp., J.W. Edens and Company, Allen, Norton & Blue, P.A., Waste Pro, MH Williams Construction Group, Inc., Gatto’s Tires, Atlantic Network Services, and Sorensen Moving & Storage
• Hole Sponsors – $100 to $499 Level: N-Sync Computer Systems, BrevardCounty.com, Brevard Premier Properties, Architects in Association Rood, Zwick & Kerr, Inc., Shannon Wilson, Al’s Trophy Shop, Crest Cleaners, Office Depot, Ilene Davis – CFP, Rusty’s Seafood, Wayne Ivey, Phil Archer, Sheriff Jack & Yvette Parker, Chief Mike & Lesley Lewis, Chief PD and Val Drinkwater, Sgt. Lanette Sanders, Commander Susan Jeter, Commander Jimmy & Ginger Donn, Commander Steve & Patty Salvo, Commander Joe & Amy Ambrose, The DeMorat Family, The Mellick Family, The Waller Family, The Purden Family, The Moros Family, The Walters Family – Isaiah 40:31, Major Bruce Barnett, Major Vic & Dana DeSantis, Major Greg & Andrea Robertson, Major Randy & Darlene Beville, Major Darrell & Pam Hibbs, Orville Clayton, Major JJ Woolsey, the Sheriff’s Judicial Process Unit, the Sheriff’s 911 Communications Center, Corrections Deputy Greg & Arlene Hunnicutt, Bob & Barbara Waller, Jim & Pam Ross, Paradise Ford, Northside Presbyterian Church, Phantom Fireworks, Jim & Cynthia Handley, Genesis VII, Inc., Autohaus Body Shop, Therber Collision, FPT Services, Dixie Crossroads, Watson Commercial Real Estate, Inc., Pat & Nancy Higgs, The Coastal Florida PBA/PEA, The Hartford, Lisa Cullen, Tax Collector, Plumbing Masters, Lynn Cowart, Karen Locke, North Brevard Funeral Home, Police Hall of Fame, Diamond Pharmacy, Coastal Steel, Stan & Carol Payne, Jeff Thummel -State Farm, Zies Widerman & Malek – Attorneys at Law, Jeffrey G. Thompson, P. A., Real Living – Mutter Real Estate Group, Dean Mead, Florida MasterTemp, Volk Law Offices, Mutual of Omaha, Jan Spagnoli, DDS, Wes & Sherry Covell, Perrone Properties, Hobb’s Pharmacy, Harlan Property Management, Scott Chandler, CLU – New York Life Insurance Co., LIGHTHOLDER Building Contractors, David M. Presnick, P.A., Geoffrey Golub, P.A., Triangle Auto, LMAYCO INC., Guy & Delores Spearman, McGladrey & Pullen, On Target Performance and Colonel Danny McKnight
• In-kind Sponsorships for Tournament Prizes: BJ’s Wholesale Club, Palm Tree Café, Holiday Inn Express, Staples, BP, J.T.’s Bluegrass Country Show, Island Kleen Machine, Curves of Cocoa, Bagel World of Cocoa, Expert Nails of Cocoa, Portside Galley, Fantastic Sams of Cocoa, Winn Dixie and Sunrise Diner of Cocoa Beach
To make a contribution to the Sheriff’s Fall Classic fundraiser for United Way and Crosswinds make your check oayable to United Way of Brevard ,and send to Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, Attn: Sheriff Jack Parker, 700 South Park Avenue, Titusville, FL 32780.
FOR INFORMATION about Crosswinds visit Crosswinds YouthServices.org or call 321-452-0800.