Council Chooses Finalists For Melbourne City Manager
By Space Coast Daily // November 26, 2012
Decision Expected On Friday
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – The Melbourne City Council has selected five city manager candidates for interviews and is scheduled to make a final selection on Friday.
The council is choosing a successor to longtime Melbourne city manager Jack Schluckebier, who is to retire early in 2013 following 10 years of service in the position.
The finalists were selected by the council at its regular meeting Nov. 13.
A list of 11 candidates was provided by an executive search firm that reviewed all applications for the position.
Selected for interviews are:
• Matt Benoit, formerly assistant city manager of Farmers Branch, Texas
• Louie Chapman, Jr., town manager of Bloomfield, Conn.
• Michael McNees, former interim chief executive officer of USA Track and Field and former county administrator for Blaine County, Idaho
• Richard Starks, management consultant and former county administrator for Florence, S.C.
• Stockton Whitten, assistant county manager for Brevard County.
A reception for the finalists will be conducted on Wednesday, along with tours of the city and surrounding area for the candidates.
The City Council is scheduled to interview candidates during the day on Thursday and Friday, with a final selection expected to be announced during a 5 p.m. meeting on Friday.