New Fees In Place For School Of Choice Applications
By Space Coast Daily // March 4, 2013
Specific Timelines in Place Fir Payment
BREVARD COUNTY • VIERA, FLORIDA – The Brevard County School Board has approved a $30 non-refundable application fee that applies to all new and returning students wanting to attend a choice school or a choice program that is not available at their zoned school of attendance.
The application fee must be paid online for each application submitted to the following Brevard Public Schools programs:
• Choice Schools (excludes magnet schools)
• Choice Programs (excludes students zoned for the school)
• International Baccalaureate (Including MYP)
• AICE (Including Pre-AICE)
• CTE Choice Programs (list available on district’s website)
• Stone Science and Technology
• AP Pirates Academy
An online payment processing system has been developed and will be available to parents starting Monday, March 4 on the Brevard Public Schools (BPS) website and the School Choice departmental website.
Specified timelines for application payments are as follows.
• For returning choice school/program students (excludes students zoned for the school), payment must be made online from March 4 through March 21. If payment is not received during the specified time frame, the student will not be allowed to continue in the choice school/program for the upcoming school year, and they must return to their zoned school.
• For new applications to choice schools and specified choice programs submitted by the March 1, 2013 deadline, payment must be made online from March 4 through March 21. If payment is not received during the specified time frame, the student will not receive a notification/commitment letter.
• For new applications submitted after March 1, 2013 for choice programs with available seats, payment must be made online at the time the application is submitted to the school. If payment is not received during the specified time frame, the student will not receive a notification/commitment letter.
Specific information and details regarding the online payment of choice school/program application fees is available by visiting the district’s website at www.brevardschools.org.
Additionally, at the Feb. 12 School Board meeting, the board approved a $30 nonrefundable application fee for Out-of-Area assignments.
Out-of-Area information, calendar/timeline, online application and payment processing system will be available on the BPS’ website at a later date.
For more information, call the Office of School Choice at 321-633-1000, Ext. 395.