Free Tax Preparation Help Available Across Brevard
By Space Coast Daily // April 7, 2013
Twelve Locations Available
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – United Way of Brevard and AARP are offering free help with tax preparation at 12 sites throughout Brevard County.
The following are times, days and locations, or residents may call 2-1-1 for the most up-to-date information:
• Brevard Workforce, Rockledge: 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays, 295 Barnes Boulevard
• Brevard Workforce, Palm Bay: 1 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, 5275 Babcock Street
• Central Brevard Library, Cocoa: 9 a.m.- to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 308 Forrest Avenue
• Cocoa Beach Library: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 550 N. Brevard Avenue
• Melbourne Library (by appointment only): 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 540 E. Fee Avenue Call 321-952-4514 to schedule
• Merritt Island Library: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and 3 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, 1195 N. Courtenay Parkway
• Port St. John Library: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and 2 to 6 p.m. Thursdays, 6500 Carole Avenue
• Salvation Army, Melbourne: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, 1080 S. Hickory Street
• Satellite Beach Library: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 751 Jamaica Boulevard
• Space Coast Credit Union, Indian Harbour Beach: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2100 State Road A1A
• Titusville Library: 1 to 5 p.m. Mondays, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays
• West Melbourne Library: 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, 2755 Wingate Boulevard
Here’s what you need to bring, if possible:
• Forms W-2, W-2G and 1099-R from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
• Social Security Cards for taxpayer, spouse and/or dependents or Social Security number verification letter issued for all persons listed on the tax return
• Photo identification for taxpayer and spouse
• A copy of last year’s tax return
• Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, copy of check
• Day care expenses with the providers EIN and amount paid (If applicable)
• Any other relevant information about income and expenses.
Also, free online tax assistance is available through myfreetaxes.com, sponsored by Walmart and supported by United Way, Goodwill and the National Disability Institute.
2-1-1 Brevard is a United Way-supported nonprofit that operates a telephone-based helpline offering information, referral and crisis intervention 24 hours a day, seven days a week.