PHILANTHROPY SPOTLIGHT: Candlelighters of Brevard
By SpaceCoastDaily.com // April 11, 2013
SPOTLIGHT ON BREVARD COUNTY NON-PROFITS
ABOVE VIDEO: Candlelighters of Brevard Inc., is a non-profit organization dedicated to children with cancer and their families by offering emotional support and financial assistance. Contact them to find out more about their programs and services – and how you can help.
Candlelighters of Brevard, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to children with cancer and their families by offering emotional support and financial assistance. Candlelighter of Brevard is committed to ensuring no one has to face the diagnosis of childhood cancer alone.
A LIGHT OF HOPE FOR KIDS WITH CANCER
What many people may not understand about childhood cancer is that the devastation reality of the disease goes miles beyond anything physical. In addition to the extreme financial strain of paying for care, Brevard based families must also devote an overwhelming amount of time, travel and money for countless other expenses. From the shock of the diagnosis to the painful side-effects of treatment, the ongoing heartbreak and emotional impact felt by the entire family is hard to imagine.
While nobody can see the diagnosis coming, we can make sure that Brevard patients and families have the support and resources they need to fight back. From economic assistance to emotional encouragement, join Candlelighters of Brevard in helping families survive the extreme physical, psychological and practical hardships of this disease.
Easy ways you can make a difference
- Retail Therapy at Candlelighters Thrift Shoppe – Whether you shop here, volunteer, or donate a few items, every little bit helps. Located at 1875-A South Patrick Drive in Indian Harbour Beach directly across from Doubles Beach-side
- Help support our Get You There Program by providing pre-paid gas cards.
- Purchase grocery gift cards for our families in need.
- Consider making a financial donation to support our Programs and Services.
- Sponsor a child or family for our annual Christmas Party.
- Consider adopting a newly diagnosed family for Christmas this year.
- Make Candlelighters your charity of choice through the United Way Campaign. For more information inquire through your employer.
- Fundraising Events- Participate in yearly events and causes, such as the annual Have-a-Heart Valentine’s Extravaganza, Crystals Day, and Ladies Night Out.
EXECUTIVES & CONTACT INFORMATION
• Carrie Wam-McCarthy – Executive Director
• Adis Perez – Director of Family Services
• Mailing/Delivery Address
Candlelighters of Brevard, Inc
1875-A South Patrick Drive
Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937
• TEL 321-728-5600