MICS Student Athletes Sign with College Teams
By Space Coast Daily // May 4, 2013
Six of 31 MICS Seniors to Play College Sports
BREVARD COUNTY • MERRITT ISLAND, FLORIDA – Six senior athletes from Merritt Island Christian School have signed letters of intent to play a collegiate sport. These athletes were honored in a “signing” ceremony in front teachers, parents and their peers this past Wednesday.
Each athlete will be receiving sizable academic and/or athletic scholarship from the college or university they will attend. Merritt Island Christian School has 15 athletes out of a class of 31 so this is a substantial percentage of students moving on to play sports at the college level.
• Caleb Hobbs and Harrison Wild both signed with Southeastern University football.
• Nick Wayland signed with George Mason University ice hockey and lacrosse.
• Paul Wodka signed with Carson Newman College football.
• Heather Welch signed with Eastern Florida State College (Formerly Brevard Community College) volleyball.
• Hope Crawford signed Columbia International University basketball.
MICS Athletic Director David Nevad is proud of the accomplishments of these athletes.
“I am so proud of these seniors not only for all the hard work they have put into athletics, but also for their spiritual commitment to ministry which they will take with them to bless others while in college and in the future,” Nevad said.