Palm Bay Academy Sponsors Science Fair at KSC
By Space Coast Daily // May 29, 2013
learn, develop passion for science
ABOVE VIDEO: Don Bogard, Director of Development for Palm Bay Academy, talks about the school, its unique programs. and emphasis on diverse activities for it’s students.
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA — Palm Bay Academy is the Academic Sponsor of the 2013-2014 “Experimenting Into The Future” Science Fair, which will be hosted by Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in November.
PALM BAY ACADEMY SPONSORS SCIENCE FAIR
“We are delighted to be able to provide this great opportunity for all area students to participate in this Science Fair at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex,” said Madhu Longani, Founder and Director of Palm Bay Academy.
“This will motivate students from all across Brevard to showcase their passion for science.”
All schools, grades 3-12 are able to participate in the Science Fair.
SCIENCE FAIR THEMES
The main science theme for 2013 is “Experimenting Into The Future,” and has been classified into the following four divisions:
• Utilize and Develop
All participants are required to orientate their research and work within the framework of the specific four divisions. Questions concerning whether or not a student’s project relates to the theme/divisions, should be addressed to the KSCVC/PBA Science Fair Coordinator at the Palm Bay Academy.
CLICK HERE for more information or call 321-984-2710.
EXPERIMENTING INTO THE FUTURE REGISTRATION
The information below, relates to the initial school registration for the “Experimenting Into The Future” Science Fair. Different forms and procedures are required for the registration of Individual Public/Private student science projects and Home Education student science projects.
SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
School registration is for those sending student projects to the Experimenting Into The Future Science Fair. In order to reserve sufficient space for students, a school designee must complete and submit the registration forms as soon as possible.
• Only a school designee may complete the registration form. Schools should designate a primary designee (contact person).
• Schools should estimate and submit the approximate number of students attending since this will determine the space allotted to each school at the science fair.
• Schools and local fairs may be granted additional registrants at the discretion of the registration chairman. Assigned quotas will be reviewed after the October deadline.
• The number of registrants for each school is limited. Please contact Palm Bay Academy for more information. Combined middle-senior high schools may enter under both categories accordingly.
• School Registration closes July 19, 2013. Special permission from the Science Fair Coordinator and Committee is required to register after that date. Registration is not guaranteed and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Registered schools having science fairs must have their fairs no later than November 2. Schools conducting their fairs after this date are required to request and receive a deadline extension by Oct. 19, 2013, and are subject to late fees.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCIENCE FAIR
• The individual student registration form and fee of $30 (1 space per student) must be received by Nov. 12, 2013. There will be no refunds for cancellations.
• Students may compete in only one Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) affiliated fair, except when proceeding to the state fair from an affiliated regional fair as a finalist.
• The Experimenting Into The Future Science Fair school registration form and fee must be received on or before July 19, 2013. Each school building requires a School Registration Form (i.e. high school and middle school).
SCHOOL REGISTRATION FEE: $25.00* (Additional individual student entry fees will apply)
ABOUT PALM BAY ACADEMY
Palm Bay Academy is an independent, non-profit charter school that prides itself on providing a challenging academic environment.
Based on Montessori philosophy, Palm Bay Academy boasts small class sizes and innovative educational opportunities, and takes great pride in portraying itself as a multicultural academic center where excellence is pursued in action.
Palm Bay Academy promotes a full range of traditional activities from sports to the arts, music, chess, and science research.
MULTICULTURAL COMMUNITY OF STUDENTS
Palm Bay Academy is a multicultural community of students, staff and parents fostering enthusiastic, respectful life long learners working to achieve their maximum learning potential through PBA’s unique ClearSteps program, which encompasses the study of multiple career paths such as Agriscience, Medicine, and Aerospace throughout our K – 8 student body.
Palm Bay Academy continues to refine its curriculum and methodologies, invests in all Palm Bay Academy students and is relentless in maintaining an upper level academic track. PBA’s goal is to supply a clear, step-by-step path for its students towards highly technical and professional careers.
Palm Bay Academy’s ClearSteps Program integrates STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) concepts with agricultural, biomedical, and space science technical career education bringing enhanced academic and career opportunities to our students.
PALM BAY ACADEMY’S PROGRAMS
GIFTED STUDENT PROGRAM
The Gifted Student Program serves Palm Bay Academy students who have been identified with advanced academic abilities. Gifted classes are incorporated as separate courses. Accelerated classes in Mathematics and Language Arts are also offered to students who meet specific criteria.
Dual language (Chinese or Spanish) education provides an enriched learning experience by exceeding standard core academic content in two languages; English and the targeted immersion language.
The goal of the Palm Bay Academy language program is for all students to become bi-literate, achieve a high academic level, while developing cross cultural skills promote collaboration by encouraging the verbal exchange of ideas, feelings, and concepts, prepare the children to become global citizens and broaden their world through music, conversation, art and reading as they explore diverse customs and cultural differences.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & SPORTS
• Athletic sports includes tackle football, volleyball, golf, soccer, softball, basketball and cheerleading.
• Music and Arts in includes chorus, orchestra and band.
• Leadership programs includes 4-H leadership training and student government.
• Extracurricular activities includes journalism, yearbook, chess, science research and debate.
• Traditional Elementary K – 5
2112 Palm Bay Rd
Palm Bay, FL 32905
• Language Immersion Elementary K – 5
1464 Troutman Blvd
Palm Bay, FL 32905
• Middle School 6 – 8
635 Community College Pkwy
Palm Bay, FL 32909
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT PALM BAY ACADEMY OR CALL 321-984-2710
ABOVE VIDEO: Palm Bay Academy second grade class perform during the annual Spring Concert.