Poll: 56% of Floridians Support Stand Your Ground Law
By Matt O'Hern // June 24, 2013
'Stand Your Ground' law TAKES CENTER STAGE DURING HIGH-PROFILE ZIMMERMAN COURT CASE
ABOVE VIDEO: A new Qinnipiac University poll shows most Floridians are still in favor of the Stand Your Ground law.
TRIAL BEGINS TODAY AMID MEDIA CIRCUS
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – With a high profile court case only one county north of the Space Coast, a recent poll from Qunnipiac shows the majority of Floridians support the “Stand Your Ground” law.
According to Quinnipiac’s poll, 56 percent of Floridians support the “Stand Your Ground,” while 36 percent oppose it.
“There is solid support for ‘Stand Your Ground’ among Florida voters, especially Republicans,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling. “Republican lawmakers, who dominate the State Legislature, would be taking on their own base if they were to change the law.”
POLL DEMOGRAPHICS/RESULTS ON STAND YOUR GROUND LAW
- 81 percent of Republicans support the law.
- 30 percent of Democrats support the law.
- 59 percent of Independent voters support the law.
- 31 percent of men oppose the law.
- 40 percent of women oppose the law.
- 64 percent of Hispanics support the law, while 33% oppose it.
- 61 percent of Whites support the law, 32% oppose it.
- 33 percent of Blacks support the law, 62% oppose it.
- The poll of 1,176 registered voters was taken from June 11 through June 16 and had a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percent.
DO YOU SUPPORT FLORIDA’S STAND YOUR GROUND LAW?
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR CLICK HERE TO COMMENT ON THE SPACECOASTDAILY.COM FACEBOOK PAGE