Palm Bay Burn Victim Airlifted to Orlando Hospital

By  //  October 15, 2013

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Delicious Digg This Stumble This

VICTIM setting up a Halloween decoration

[gmarker marker_latitude=”” marker_longitud=”” marker_label=””] [/gmarker]

ABOVE MAP: Palm Bay Fire-Rescue firefighters and paramedics responded to the 1300 block of Wacker Ave. SE after receiving a call from a witness who reported the man had accidentally set himself on fire while setting up a Halloween decoration.

BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – A 50-year-old man was flown to an Orlando hospital after an accidental fire that burned approximately 40-50 percent of his body, according to Palm Bay Fire Rescue.

 Just after 8 p.m. Tuesday, Palm Bay Fire-Rescue firefighters and paramedics responded to the 1300 block of Wacker Ave. SE after receiving a call from a witness who reported the man had accidentally set himself on fire while setting up a Halloween decoration.

The man was using gasoline, wood and candles in an area that, according to firefighters, was not properly ventilated and subsequently triggered the fire.

Rescuers treated the victim at the scene and he was then airlifted to the hospital.

The victim, whose identity is not currently available, suffered second degree burns to his upper torso.

STAY TUNED TO SPACECOASTDAILY.COM FOR UPDATES


Click here to contribute your news or announcements Free