Heater Causes House Fire In Palm Bay

By  //  November 29, 2013

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Delicious Digg This Stumble This

Family Escapes Without Injuries

[gmarker marker_latitude=”” marker_longitud=”” marker_label=””] [/gmarker]

fire-585

BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA — Palm Bay Fire Department is blaming a heater for a house fire that caused approximately $10,000 in damage to a home on Seagrape Street.

According to Palm Bay Fire Department, the fire was reported at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday. Upon arrival, firefighters quickly stopped the fire which limited damage to the home.

Assistant Fire Marshal Bailey

Assistant Fire Marshal Bailey

An investigation revealed the homeowner had turned on the heater a couple of hours prior to the fire which originated in the duct work underneath the home. Assistant Fire Marshal Ron Bailey described the scene:

“We found dust accumulated within the duct work which was not hung but placed on the ground,” Bailey said. “When the heater was turned on the dust ignited and started the fire within the ducts which then spread to a portion of the inside of the home.”

There were no injuries as a result of the fire.


Click here to contribute your news or announcements Free