Space Coast Marathon: Finish Line Live Stream
By Space Coast Daily // December 1, 2013
WATCH HERE FOR LIVE RESULTS
CLICK HERE FOR LIVE RESULTS
Space Coast Marathon 2013 Top 20 Results
1 Steve Hedgespeth M 35 West Melbourne FL
2 Shane Streufert M 41 Viera FL
3 Kaitlin Donner F 24 Melbourne FL
4 Mathew Carlson M 30 Orlando FL
5 Mark Maddox M 26 Orlando FL
6 Lisa Buohler F 44 Lehigh Acres FL
7 Jeff Truncellito M 43 St. Augustine FL
8 Alan Kimpel M 43 Plantation FL
9 Eric Sager M 41 South Pasadena FL
10 John Moore M 62 Milton PA
11 John Flynn M 42 Clermont FL
12 Xavier Duclos M 44 Fort Myers FL
13 Jeremy Stewart M 38 Melbourne FL
14 Josh Dyck M 35 Winnipeg
15 Christopher Anderson M 20 Port Orange FL
16 Julie Hannah F 40 Melbourne FL
17 Art Anderson M 54 Melbourne FL
18 Keith Snodgrass M 48 Melbourne
19 Doug Nichols M 50 Melbourne FL
20 Samuel Flemming M 17 Titusville FL
BREVARD COUNTY • THE SPACE COAST, FLORIDA – The Running Zone Foundation and Space Coast Runners will present the 42nd running of the Space Coast Marathon and Half-Marathon – Florida’s oldest marathon – next Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013.
“We invite runners and walkers alike to experience one of the most beautiful USATF certified waterfront courses on the east coast of Florida,” said event organizer Denise Piercy.
“Both races start in the historic and quaint Cocoa Village, and finish with a lap around the Riverfront Park amphitheatre where family and friends can cheer and watch your finish live and on the JumboTron. As our race is held within the shadow of the Kennedy Space Center, the entire event revolves around a space theme sure to delight and energize our participants.”
‘BIG BANG’ SERIES
“We are extremely excited to announce a five-year journey (2013 -2017) with the Big Bang Series,” said Piercy.
“We chose the name Big Bang Series for the creation of an amazing expansion to our universe a five-year series for the Space Coast Marathon and Half Marathon. We added the space theme to the race in 2007 and designed this new program to honor the Space Shuttle Program and for the accomplishments and sacrifices of all those involved. We feel a deep sense of pride here along the Space Coast with all of the tremendous accomplishments of the Shuttle Space program. We launched the Big Bang Series in honor of these accomplishments.”
AMENITIES PLANNED FOR 2013
• Custom “Space Shuttle” Medal and a “Space” Certificate to recognize and commemorate your accomplishment,
• Start your race to the roar of a Space Shuttle countdown and liftoff on the Jumbotron,
• The Health First Health Plans Health & Fitness Expo will be held at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. For more details, see the Expo Page and Participant Perks page,
• “Space” Props along course and at finish line area,
• “Space” Themed Water/Aid Stations all along course,
• Volunteers in NASA-like uniforms and hats,
• “Space” Photo opportunity with astronauts walking around the race site,
• Opportunity to win a “One Day Space Adventure” for up to a family of four,
• You may have seen us at many running events’ expos around the country handing out MoonPies at the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon booth. (astronaut booth) Moonpie is the Official “Space” Snack of the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon. All registrants will now receive a Moonpie at our Health & Fitness expo the day before race day.
Experience one of the most beautiful waterfront courses on the east coast. 14 “space” themed aid stations along a partially shaded mostly flat course. A USATF certified course and a great Boston qualifier
The marathon course heads north on Brevard Ave across 520 running along Indian River Drive until the turnaround heading back towards Cocoa Village. The marathon course will then continue south on Rockledge Drive and the half marathon course. The half marathoners head south on Rockledge Drive to the turnaround and will finish back at Riverfront Park.
Both the full and half marathon courses are USAT certified: #FL10070EBM & FL10071EBM
Maps & Google Earth Videos will be available soon.
- 2013 Half Marathon Interactive Map
- 2013 Half Marathon Video (Google Earth Plugin Required)
- 2013 Marathon Interactive Map
- 2013 Marathon Video(Google Earth Plugin Required)
2013 HALF-MARATHON ELEVATION PROFILE
Download the Half-Marathon Elevation Map. The course is mostly flat and fast.
2013 MARATHON ELEVATION PROFILE
The course is mostly flat and fast.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2013 SPACE COAST MARATHON & HALF MARATHON