Woman Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Palm Bay
By Space Coast Daily // July 28, 2014
MAN IN CRITICAL CONDITION, TAKEN TO HOSPITAL
ABOVE MAP: Palm Bay Police Officers responded to 122 Eldron Boulevard after receiving a 911 call regarding two people who were not responsive.
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – A woman is dead and her live-in boyfriend is near death following what appears to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning inside their home, according to Yvonne Martinez, Public Information Coordinator for the City of Palm Bay.
Palm Bay Police Officers responded to 122 Eldron Boulevard after receiving a 911 call regarding two people who were not responsive.
A family member had stopped at the home to check on the residents who failed to show up for work Monday.
When officers arrived they found the female already deceased on scene and the male barely alive. The male was taken to the hospital and is in critical condition.
RAN GENERATOR IN GARAGE
So far the investigation has revealed the couple lost power to the home during a storm that occurred on Saturday.
They decided to start a generator in the garage and allowed it to run for several hours until the power was restored. It appears that is when carbon monoxide filled the home.
The names of the victims are being withheld until next of kin are notified. The investigation is ongoing but the death appears to be accidental.
STAY TUNED TO SPACECOASTDAILY.COM FOR UPDATES