Florida Tech Homecoming Week Set Oct. 21-26
By Space Coast Daily // October 16, 2014
Sports, Parades, Concerts and More on Tap Starting Oct. 21
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Whether you prefer walking in a parade or running in a 5K race, viewing art on the walls or artistry on the field, jamming to reggae or bopping to the sound of a marching band, Florida Institute of Technology’s Homecoming 2014 from Oct. 21-26 has you covered.
A gathering of alumni, faculty, staff, students and community members from across the Space Coast, the annual multi-day shindig kicks off on Tuesday, Oct. 21, with an opening ceremony from 7-9 p.m. at Southgate Field, located at the corner of Babcock Street and University Boulevard, just across from Florida Tech’s main entrance.
Then on Wednesday, Oct. 22 get a glimpse of the hidden talents of Florida Tech students at the talent show. This free event is from 8-10 p.m. at Clemente Center.
Here’s a look at some other highlights of Homecoming 2014:
Thursday, Oct. 23:
• 6 p.m.: Meg O’Malley’s presents the FIT Homecoming 5K Run/Walk in downtown Melbourne. T-shirts, goody bags and a post-race party at Meg’s. Visit http://homecoming.fit.edu/run.php to register or for more information.
• 7 p.m.: Florida Tech’s volleyball team takes on Florida Southern at Clemente Center.
Friday, Oct. 24:
• 6 p.m. – 1 a.m.: Homecoming Fest, downtown Melbourne. Enjoy a free concert by the national recording artist SOJA sponsored by the Florida Tech Alumni Association. The Washington, D.C.-based band is a chart-topping reggae sensation.
Saturday, Oct. 25:
10-11 a.m.: Homecoming Parade on the Florida Tech Campus
• 1-4 p.m.: Homecoming football game, Florida Tech vs. Mississippi College at Palm Bay H.S. Pirate Stadium.
• 4:30 p.m., 7 p.m.: Women and men’s soccer matches vs. Palm Beach Atlantic, Rick Stottler Field.
• 6:30-10 p.m.: Homecoming Awards Gala, Clemente Center. Tickets are $75 per person. Information and registration available athttp://homecoming.fit.edu/gala.php.
• 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.: Homecoming Dance, County Line Saloon, 4650 New Haven Ave., Melbourne.
Sunday, Oct. 26:
10 a.m. – noon: Make a Difference Day Campus Cleanup, Panther Plaza
• Noon – 2 p.m.: Alumni softball game, Nancy Bottge Field.
CLICK HERE for additional information on these and other Homecoming events and activities.