Field Set for NJCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship
By Mark DeCotis, Eastern Florida State Sports Information // November 10, 2014
Tournament seeding TO be released Tuesday
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – The field is set for the NJCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship to be contested Nov. 17-22 on the Melbourne Campus.
The teams include Eastern Florida, which earned its third straight tournament berth with a 4-0 District H victory over Pearl River Community College of Mississippi on Saturday.
The Titans, 12-1 and ranked third nationally, will be joined by:
- District A champion Pima Community College, Tucson, Arizona, 16-4-2
- District B champion Butler Community College, El Dorado, Kansas, 15-4-3
- District C champion Otero Junior College, LaJunta, Colorado, 12-1-2
- District D champion St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri, 15-4
- District E champion and nationally second-ranked Monroe College, New Rochelle, New York, 15-1
- District F champion Waubonsee Community College, Sugar Grove, Illinois, 14-3-2
- District G champion Owens Community College, Findlay, Ohio, 13-4-2
- District I champion and 2013 national runner-up Navarro College, Corsicana, Texas, 14-4-1
- District J champion Darton State College, Albany, Georgia, 16-2
- District K champion, defending champion and top-ranked Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, Iowa, 18-0-1
- District L champion Harford Community College, Bel Air, Maryland, 14-3-1
Tournament seeding and the game pairings will be released on Tuesday.
Games will be played in four three-team pools with the four pool winners advancing to the semifinals.
The game schedule calls for matches at 10 a.m., 1, 4 and 7 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The opening ceremony will take place before Monday’s second game.
Thursday is a scheduled off day but can be used as a tie-breaker day or in case of bad weather earlier in the week.
Friday’s semifinals will be played at 5 and 8 p.m. and Saturday’s national championship game at 7 p.m.
All games will be webcast at www.njcaatv.com and the finale also will be telecast live on WEFS-TV.
Admission prices are: Tournament pass all-matches: Adult, $35. Students, $15. Individual match admission: Adult, $10. Students, $7. Children 5 and under, free. Also EFSC student, faculty and staff will be admitted free with school ID.
Parking will be in the new lot just north of the soccer facility. Concessions and restrooms are on site.
The pre-tournament banquet will be held beginning at 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 16 at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts on the Eastern Florida Campus. University of North Carolina assistant women’s soccer coach Jason Sisneros is the guest speaker
The admission charge for the banquet for family and/or friends of the teams is $15 per person.