Unattended Candle Causes House Fire In Palm Bay

By  //  December 2, 2014

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Delicious Digg This Stumble This

family evacuated the home without injuries

An unattended candle was left on a dresser in a bedroom and burned through the glass container sparking fire in Palm Bay. (Palm Bay Fire Rescue image)

An unattended candle was left on a dresser in a bedroom and burned through the glass container sparking this house fire in Palm Bay. (Palm Bay Fire Rescue image)

BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA — An unattended candle is being blamed for starting a house fire that ended up causing about $10,000 in damage to a home in the Southwest portion of the city.

Just after 5 p.m. on Monday, Palm Bay Fire-Rescue responded to the 300 block of Olsen Street for a reported structure fire.

Working smoke detectors alerted the family to the fire and they were able to evacuate the home without injuries.

When firefighters arrived on scene they quickly extinguished the fire, limiting the damage to the home.

The Red Cross is assisting the family of two adults, two teenagers and a dog, which are temporarily displaced due to smoke damage and possible electrical issues as a result of the fire.

The unattended candle was left on a dresser in a bedroom and burned through the glass container sparking the fire.

[gmarker marker_latitude=”” marker_longitud=”” marker_label=””][/gmarker]

ABOVE MAP: An unattended candle is being blamed for starting a house fire that ended up causing about $10,000 in damage to a home in the Southwest portion of the city. Just after 5 p.m. Tuesday Palm Bay Fire-Rescue responded to the 300 block of Olsen Street for a reported structure fire.


Click here to contribute your news or announcements Free

Leave a Comment