Gov. Rick Scott Addresses Enterprise Florida Board Meeting, Focuses On Economic Growth
By Space Coast Daily // August 24, 2015
PONTE VEDRA, FLORIDA – Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) recently held its quarterly Board of Directors meeting in Ponte Vedra. During the meeting Governor Rick Scott, who serves as Chairman of the Board, discussed Florida’s economy and the future of Enterprise Florida.
Additionally, the Governor presented five business ambassador awards, and the Board received updates on EFI’s fiscal year 2014-15 performance, the state’s competitiveness and the plan to increase EFI’s marketing efforts.
“I’d like to thank the Governor, our Board, local partners and staff for making our board meeting this week a success. At the meeting, I talked about how critical it is to fund Florida’s incentive toolkit,” said Bill Johnson, President & CEO of Enterprise Florida.
“I look forward to working with the Board and partners to ensure that the incentive toolkit is fully funded to keep Florida competitive.”
Florida continues to be a premier destination for companies that seek to expand, locate or relocate as a result of the state’s pro-business policies.
Florida is enjoying an economic recovery and some of EFI’s fiscal year 2014-15 results are as follows:
• 33,548 total established high-skill, high-wage jobs
• $2.74 billion in capital investment, a 41 percent increase over FY12-13
• Projected export sales of $906.4 million, a 10.5 percent increase over FY13-14
• The Florida Defense Support Task Force awarded $2 million in local defense communities to protect Florida’s military installations and missions.
• EFI assisted 28 small businesses with financing, and administered $4.8 million in loan guarantees and $12.5 million in loan participations.
During the meeting, the following new at-large Board members were approved for a one year term:
• Global Tech, LTD – Gary Mart, President
• Hydrologic – Christopher Lynch, President
• Tampa Bay Lightning – Jeff Vinik, Chairman and Governor
EFI’s Board of Directors is comprised of appointed members and a diverse group of investors representing some of the nation’s most notable corporations. In addition, each member of the Florida Cabinet holds a position on the Board.
The next EFI Board meeting will be held October 22 in Orlando. The meetings are open to the public, with provision for public comment, and are televised live by the Florida Channel.
In addition, the Board of Directors section of EFI’s newsroom includes agendas, committee meeting materials, fact sheets and other resources.
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) is a partnership between Florida’s businesses and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for Florida. EFI facilitates job growth for Florida businesses through recruitment and retention, international trade and exporting, promotion of sporting events, and capital funding programs to assist small and minority businesses.