Second-Quarter Injuries Reported By Central Florida Theme Parks
By Space Coast Daily // August 3, 2015
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA — The Florida Department of Consumer Services published injury reports received from central Florida theme parks from April 2015 to June 2015.
The Florida theme parks voluntarily report their injuries as part of an agreement with the state. The injuries on the list occurred on a ride and resulted in a hospital stay that lasted for more than 24 hours.(See the official report HERE.)
According to the state, Walt Disney World reported 10 injuries, Universal Orlando reported six and SeaWorld reported one injury at Aquatica. Below is a list of each theme park and the injuries reported for the respective park.
Injuries Reported for Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom:
- A 71-year-old man was nauseous and dizzy on the Walt Disney World Railroad.
- A 47-year-old with a pre-existing condition who had back pain while exiting Pirates of the Caribbean.
- A 21-year-old woman was nauseous and had chest pain on Splash Mountain.
Injuries Reported for Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- A 46-year-old man had a seizure after riding Expedition Everest.
- A 51-year-old woman had a mini-stroke while on Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Injury Reported for Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon:
- A 41-year-old woman broke her ankle while on Mayday Falls.
Injury Reported for Disney’s Blizzard Beach:
- A 65-year-old woman fell while getting off the Chair Lift at Blizzard Beach and broke her hip.
Injuries Reported for Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- A 67-year-old man felt sick while on Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Injuries Reported for Disney’s Epcot:
- An 81-year-old man felt sick after exiting The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot.
- A 79-year-old man experienced “nausea, shortness of breath and jaw pain” after Spaceship Earth. Both of these men suffered from pre-existing conditions.
Injuries Reported for Universal Studios:
- A 54-year-old woman rode Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and experienced head and neck pain.
- A 57-year-old woman complained of a headache on Men in Black Alien Attack.
- A 52-year-old woman had chest discomfort on Transformers: The 3D Ride.
- A 59-year-old man had “chest tightness/pressure/pain” while on Revenge of the Mummy.
Injuries Reported for Universal Islands of Adventure:
- A 70-year-old woman was motion sick on Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.
- A 59-year-old man had chest discomfort while on the Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster.
Injuries Reported for SeaWorld Aquatica:
- At SeaWorld’s Aquatica, a 58-year-old woman herniated a cervical disc.