Brevard County Schools Announce 2016 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
By Space Coast Daily // September 11, 2015
academically talented high school seniors
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard Public Schools has 16 National Merit Scholarship semifinalists who will compete in the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program.
Each year, the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) announces the names of approximately 16,000 semifinalists.
These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,400 National Merit Scholarship awards worth an estimated total of $32 million, which are offered in the spring.
To become a finalist, the semifinalist and his or her high school must submit a detailed scholarship application, in which they provide information about the Semifinalist’s academic record, participation in school and community activities, demonstrated leadership abilities, employment, and honors and awards received.
From the approximately 16,000 Semifinalists, about 15,000 are expected to advance to the finalist level, and in February they will be notified of this designation.
Brevard County Semifinalists Include:
• Alexander Adams, Rockledge High
• Fiona Bogart, Edgewood Jr./Sr. High
• Hunter Dalton, Melbourne High
• Geoffrey Garrido, West Shore Jr./Sr. High
• Maryl Harris, Eau Gallie High
• Emma Kent, West Shore Jr./Sr. High
• Omkar Kulkarni, Melbourne High
• Jacob McPeak, Rockledge High
• Andrew Olejarski, Edgewood Jr./Sr. High
• Kari Parker, Merritt Island High
• Laura Rantanen, West Shore Jr./Sr. High
• Jacob Roberts, Merritt Island High
• Brandon To, Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. High
• Anatoly Vassiliev, Merritt Island High
• Benjamin Velie, West Shore Jr./Sr. High
• Yilan Yang, Melbourne High
For more information about the semifinalists and the NMSC, please contact Robin Novelli, Director of high school programs, at 321-633-1000 ext. 310 or email@example.com