2015 Doctors’ Expo Free Health Fair Set Saturday In Melbourne
By Space Coast Daily // November 7, 2015
SPACE COAST MEDICINE WEEK SPOTLIGHT
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – The Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation will host a Healthy Living Fair and Insurance Expo, free education for physicians and medical personnel and the DGF Ambassador Awards Gala on Saturday, Nov. 7 at the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Tim Wakefield Ballroom.
The Healthy Living Fair and Insurance Expo will feature a wide variety of companies, exhibiting goods and services for the general public to learn more about the best options for healthy living.
The event will feature health information, health screenings and representatives from many health insurance providers. There will also be expert speakers who will present free talks for the public to learn about current health care topics.
Admission and parking are free to the health fair, which runs from 9 a.m. until 11:45 a.m.
Local hospitals with local physicians will provide various free health screenings for osteoporosis, hypertension, eye problems, PAD, autism and more. There may be a minimal charge for some screenings.
FOR MORE INFORMATION 321-735-6492 or Log On To DoctorsFoundation.org
FREE LECTURES – OPEN TO PUBLIC
• 9:20-9:40 a.m.: Geriatric Care, Visa Srinivasan, M.D., HRMC
• 9:45-10:05 a.m.: St. Francis Pathway to Care, Hospice of St. Francis
• 10:10-10:30 a.m.: The Effects of Smoking (Free Lung Cancer CT Screening), Dr. Richard Ramnath,
Neuroskeletal Imaging Institute
• 10:35-10:55 a.m.: Health First Health Insurance, Art Becker – Health First Plans
• 11:00-11:20 a.m.: Pain Management without Pills, Florida Pain Institute
• 11:25-11:55 a.m.: Depression, Louis Joseph, M.D., PMC
• 11:55-12:15 a.m.: Freedom Health Plan, Bhavin Patel, M.D.
FREE CME’s FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
The Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation will also host free education for physicians and medical personnel on Saturday, Nov. 8 from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m., also at the Hilton Rialto, located at 200 Rialto Place in Melbourne.
• 8-8:30 a.m.: Check In & Visit Exhibitors
• 8:30-9:15 a.m.: 1 Hr. CME – New Fit Bariatric Program, Nathan Allison, MD HRMC
• 9:15-10 a.m.: 1 Hr. CME – Lung Cancer Screening, Leonor Lourido, MSN, ARNP, FNP-C, HRMC
• 10-10:15 a.m.: Break & Visit Exhibitors
• 10:15-11 a.m.: 1 Hr. CME – Minimally Invasive Cardiac Valve Surgery, Matthew Campbell, MD, FACS, HRMC
• 11 a.m.-11:45 a.m.: 1 Hr. CME –Atrial Fibrillation James Ronaldson, MD, HRMC
• 12-12:30 p.m.: Non-CME Lunch – St. Francis Pathway to Care
• 12:20-12:45 p.m.: Pallivative Care – VITAS
• 12:45-1 p.m.: Visit Exhibitors
• 1-2:30 p.m.: 2 Hr. CME – Prevention of Medical Errors, Donald Wood, ARNP, CRNA, LHRM,CPHRM Patient Safety/Risk Manager II, The Doctors Company
• 2:30 p.m. Break & Visit exhibitors
• 2:30-3:15 p.m.: 1 Hr. CME – Understanding the Defendant’s Case, Donald Wood
All continuing education classes are free to physicians and medical personnel.
Register online at DoctorsFoundation.org
SPACE COAST MEDICINE WEEK SET FOR OCT. 31 – NOV. 8
EDITOR’S NOTE: The Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation has raised more than $2.5 million in support of charity thanks to the assistance of many generous and giving special people.
Those people, and their spirit of philanthropy, will be recognized and honored on Saturday, Nov. 7 at the Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation Ambassador Awards, which will be part of the 10-event “Space Coast Medicine Week,” produced annually by Brevard Productions, the event and production sister company of Space Coast Daily Medicine & Active Living magazine.
The Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation Ambassador Awards will be held at the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place beginning at 6 p.m. with a meet and greet, followed by the dinner and awards program at 7 p.m.
DGF AMBASSADORS TO BE HONORED INCLUDE:
Dr. Bhavin Patel; Joe and Cindy Hurston; Lisa Cavallero, Sodexo; Dr. Kiran and Gita Modi; Dr. Ramesh Patel; Amar Patel, Brevard Achievement Center; Kyle Smith and Chad Lovitt, Brevard County Manatees; Ronal Morgan; Sean Gregory, Health First; Jonda Erwin; Ginger Davis, Veteran Educator; Drs. Sumant and Snehlata Pandya; Kathy LaPorte, VITAS Healthcare; Liz Mikitarian; Dr. Saravana and Sathi Rajan, Rajan Foundation; Mike Thomas, Florida Pain Institute; Rashmi Shah; Janice Kershaw, Brevard Schools Foundation; Sondra Elizondo, VIDA Volunteers; Robin Fisher and Marta Fiol.
“The entire Doctors Goodwill Foundation board and community feels heartfelt gratitude to the people who contribute their time, resources and compassion to the charitable endeavors that we undertake,” said Dr. Kanti Bhalani, the Founder of the Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation.
“The Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation can only do what it does, thanks to the love and support that it’s friends provide. We feel it is important to recognize people who give of themselves and that is why we created the Doctors Goodwill Foundation Ambassador Awards.”
COMPELLING MULTIMEDIA TRIBUTE VIDEOS & STORIES
Stay tuned to SpaceCoastDaily.com and Space Coast Daily Medicine & Active Living magazine for extensive multimedia coverage of each and every honoree, as we present their compelling charitable works through stories and special tribute films by Maverick Multimedia, Inc.
Don’t miss the Dec/Jan 2016 special edition of Space Coast Daily Medicine & Active Living magazine for complete multimedia coverage of the Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation Ambassador Awards – and all the events of “Space Coast Medicine Week.”
For dinner reservations to the Doctors’ Goodwill Foundation Ambassador Awards call 321-749-1282. For sponsor or exhibitor information, call 321-323-4460 or 321- 615- 8111, or e-mail MaverickMultiMedia@gmail.com