Concessionaire Sought For Canova Beach Dog Park In Indian Harbour Beach
By Space Coast Daily // November 26, 2015
Proposals must be submitted BY Dec. 11
Brevard County Parks and Recreation is looking for a concessionaire for Canova Beach Dog Park, located at 3299 Highway A1A in Indian Harbour Beach.
Brevard County Parks and Recreation is interested in offering snacks, drinks, hot dogs, burgers, pizza and other similar concession items. Items such as gum, sunflower seeds and glass containers should not be offered.
Brevard County Parks and Recreation is looking for a vendor that will have a “base station” of operation, but that is willing to be mobile inside the park to service users in different areas as potential customers.
Special events solely directed by the county will be available to this vendor as well, however, there are events that are sponsored or co-sponsored by our parties that may be excluded.
Potential vendors must submit the following:
• A written introduction about the business with all details of operation. Please include any requests, comments or questions.
• Copy of menu with prices.
• Copy of current valid occupational State and County business licenses, Health Department permits and Insurance Certificate.
• Florida Department of Revenue DR-11 & DR-13 Certificates will be needed.
• Financial arrangement will be a flat fee per month and will be agreed upon before a vendor is officially approved after selection. Monthly payments will be done on the first of every month. Vendors must provide Brevard County Parks and Recreation with a written proposal for the monthly flat rate as a starting point of discussion.
• A copy of current Insurance Certificate will be required when the bid is awarded with Brevard County listed as an additionally insured.
The vendor contract will be awarded based on the following:
• Variety of menu items
• Cost of menu items
• Proposed financial arrangement
• Current licenses, certificates and permits
• Flexibility and dependability in meeting the public demand in the park
• Completeness of written introduction and bid quote
The selected concessionaire and all employees will be subject to a Level III Background Check, per Brevard County AO-26, and Background Investigation, if applicable. A copy of background investigation checks shall be provided to the South Area Parks Operation Manager.
A Level III background check consists of:
• Florida Registered Sexual Predators & Sex Offenders
• Out of State Sexual Predators & Sex Offenders
• Local Criminal Check
• Florida Department of Corrections
• Reference Checks
• Clerk E-Facts
Interested vendors are encouraged to set up a time to visit the park with a park supervisor or designated employee.
The address for dropping off or mailing proposals, which includes all documentation listed above is: Brevard County Parks & Recreation South Area Parks Operations, 1515 Sarno Road; Bldg. A, Melbourne, Florida, 32935; ATTN: Randy Detwiler.
Proposals must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, Dec. 11. To set up a tour of Canova Beach Dog Park or for more information, please contact Randy Detwiler at 321-255-4400 or email at Randy.Detwiler@brevardparks.