Palm Bay Fire Rescue To Host Open House March 16 From 6-7:30 p.m.
By Space Coast Daily // March 15, 2016
open house starts at 6 p.m.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA — An open house will be held at Palm Bay Fire-Rescue Headquarters at 899 Carlyle Ave. SE, Wednesday, March 16, 2016 from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., for anyone interested in the Fire Explorers program.
This program is ideal for those who are not old enough to become a volunteer or paid fire fighter but have an interest in the field and in serving the community.
Participants learn important life skills as well as gain relevant experience for a potential career in the fire rescue field.
Details about the Palm Bay post can be found below:
• Leaders must 21 years of age or older.
• Cadets must be in at least 8th grade and between ages 14 – 20 years old.
• Cadets can be male or female.
• Cost Leader/youth registration fee is $45 annually and $50 onetime fee for background investigation.
• Uniform cost/type to be determined (but comparable to costs of Boy Scout uniforms).
• Initial meeting dates/times to be determined (scheduling likely to be 2nd and 4th Wed & Saturday that follows the said Wednesday).
Fire Explorers is a para-military organization, as is the fire department.
The goal of the organization is to help young adults to become successful adults, and if they so choose, professional firefighters.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
ABOVE MAP: An open house will be held at Palm Bay Fire-Rescue Headquarters at 899 Carlyle Ave. SE, Wednesday, March 16, 2016 from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., for anyone interested in the Fire Explorers program.