Florida Gators: Clear Bag Policy To Be Implemented For 2016 Football Season
By Daniel Apple, Florida Gators // April 13, 2016
season opener on Sept. 3 vs. Massachusetts
GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA (FloridaGators.com) – In the interest of fan safety, the University of Florida Athletic Association will implement a new clear bag policy for the 2016 football season.
Beginning with the season opener on Saturday, Sept. 3, against Massachusetts, the following guidelines will be used:
• Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 18″x6″x 18″
• One-gallon clear, re-sealable plastic storage bag
• Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5″x6.5″, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
• Medically necessary items (after proper inspection)
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
• Cinch/Drawstring Bags that are not clear
• Fanny packs
• Luggage of any kind
• Computer bags
• Camera bags
• Binocular cases
• Personal seatbacks
• Any bag larger than the permissible size
Also new for the 2016 season:
• Personal seatbacks will not be permitted inside the stadium. Seat cushions that are no larger than 16″, do not have pockets, and do not have a back are permitted.
• Fans will still be able to utilize Gator Seatbacks while inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Florida Football season ticket holders can purchase a seatback for the entire season, while non-season ticket holders can rent a seatback the day of the game.
• For information about Gator Seatbacks, please visit UFGatorSeats.com or call 1-866-910-9287. For day of game rentals, Gator Seatbacks are available at kiosks located at Gates 3, 7, 16, and 18.