Health First Foundation Provides 41 Nurses With Scholarships To Further Education
By Shona Price // July 9, 2016
WILL make positive impact on local healthcare
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Health First Foundation recently awarded 41 Health First nurses with scholarships to help them continue their educational endeavors.
At a luncheon held at Suntree County Club recently, scholarship certificates were presented and many of the recipients met members of the Health First Foundation Board who made their hopes of furthering their education possible.
The Health First Foundation’s Scholarship Selection Committee received 93 applications and awarded 41 scholarships, helping 27 Health First nurses to return to school for their Bachelor of Science in Nursing and 14 who will be working toward their Master of Science in Nursing.
“The nurse scholarship initiative is a perfect example of how gifts to the Foundation can make a positive impact on local healthcare,” said Jeanene Donilon, Director of the Health First Foundation.
“We believe our investment in nurses will prove beneficial for our patients, Health First and the Brevard community.”
The needs in healthcare continue to grow at a fast pace and Health First is looking to expand its team of exceptional nurses. Health First is able to offer new nurses incentives such as furthering educational opportunities, possible signing bonuses and a competitive benefits package.
NURSING SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
• Health First’s Cape Canaveral Hospital: Casey Belton, Brandon Bogard, Amber Elmore, Krystel Hattaway, Jessica Jacobs and Robin Moyer
• Health First, Corporate Support Services: Theresa Adams and Elena Hamant
• Health First Home Care: Christine Bunch, Mekeshia Davis and Laura Ramsey
• Health First’s Holmes Regional Medical Center: Tiffany Bassani, Raisa Diaz, Thailisse Fernanedez, Zabrina Fischer, Mylissa Foley, Kimberly Golden, Bonnie Hatcher, Maria Hoffmann, Jenna Irving, Tracy Irwin, Julie Judge, Gina Kerr, Mindy Klaproth, Julie Krajicek, Marie Lightfoot, Carrie Lucas, Barbara Macuska, Silvia Mayes, Thelma Myers, Nadine Ramos, Elizabeth Talbert, Ailah Vazquez and Taneshia Waite
• Health First’s Palm Bay Hospital: Elyse Autrey, Crystal Cummings, Yvonne Pyatt-Patterson, Carmen Sanchez and Erica Thompson
• Health First’s Viera Hospital:Leslie Hitchcock and Ashley Kalin
For those interested in giving to the nursing scholarship program, call Jeanene Donilon at the Health First Foundation at 321-434-7386. For those interested in a career in Health First nursing, please visit health-first.org/careers