Light Up Viera Holiday Parade Set Nov. 26, Will Feature Exciting Elements and Activities
By Space Coast Daily // November 19, 2016
presented by the Viera Community Institute
BREVARD COUNTY • VIERA, FLORIDA – Brevard’s “Light Up Viera” Holiday Parade, set for Saturday, Nov. 26, features many new and exciting elements and activities.
The Light Up Viera festivities are presented by the Viera Community Institute is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to foster the health, harmony and well-being of the Viera community by facilitating educational, environmental, cultural and charitable activities, and outreach programs within Viera.
Festivities Included This Year Include:
• A sparkling, custom Snapchat filter for the duration of the parade.
• 16 beautifully decorated holiday floats, including a Nutcracker themed float with performers from Space Coast Ballet, under Artistic Director Artem Yachmennikov.
• Battle of the Bands, featuring five local high schools competing for a $1,500 grand prize. Battle of the Bands participants will include Astronaut High School, Rockledge High School, Viera High School, Satellite High School and Heritage High School.
• Food vendors located throughout the parade route and at Viera High School.
• “Home for the Holidays” Party with Santa and friends at Viera High School, featuring an outdoor inflatable and game area beginning at 5 p.m., indoor activities and performances following the parade by Youth In Harmony choral group, EFSC Jazz Group and a visit with Santa, Frosty, Elf on the Shelf and more.
• Photo opportunities will be available with costumed parade participants, roaming characters and entertainers.
Light Up Viera Event Timeline:
• Tuesday, Nov. 22, 6-8 p.m. at The Avenues Viera: Golf Cart Decorating Contest
• Saturday, Nov. 26, The Parade!
– 6:30 p.m.: Fireworks display, Parade Starts
– 6:50 p.m.: Battle of the Bands begins
– 8:00 p.m.: Voting for Battle of the Bands ends
– 8:15 p.m.: “Home for the Holidays” post-parade party begins at Viera High School Auditorium and Battle of the Bands winner is announced
For more information about this year’s “Light Up Viera” event, please visit www.LightUpViera.com
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY EVENTS