EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Florida Fish & Wildlife Seeks Communications, Marketing Coordinator
By Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission // March 22, 2017
responsible for driving innovative efforts
ABOVE VIDEO: People connected with FWC all have one thing in common. Passion. A love for Florida’s wildlife and the people we serve. Watch why we love to do what we do.
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA (FWC) – The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission, Division of Freshwater Fisheries is seeking a creative, highly-motivated individual to assist the Division’s Communication and Marketing Program.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for driving innovative efforts to promote outdoor participation and recreation in fishing across Florida.
All applicants are required to apply online.
In addition to submitting a completed application, applicants are required to submit a current resume and cover letter highlighting their qualifications and interest in the position.
As a State of Florida employee, you will be eligible for:
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrued annual and sick leave
- Basic life insurance coverage
- Health, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Optional flexible spending accounts
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
The selected candidate will be part of an inter-agency team to provide effective guidance and program management to both internal and external stakeholders with regard to the recruitment, retention and reactivation (R3) of hunters, anglers, wildlife viewers and shooters.
The selected candidate will assist with the development of strategic goals, objectives and programs for R3 that are consistent and comparable to national goals.
This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with community and business partners to enhance program offerings and meet agency goals.
Overall, the candidate must generate excitement and interest about fishing, conservation, wildlife and hunting and will help develop programs that increase participation in outdoor activities.
This position will also provide support in developing and implementing marketing strategies for the Division’s various activities, programs and projects, which includes the TrophyCatch program, an incentive-based conservation program designed for anglers who catch-and-release largemouth bass heavier than eight pounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Expertise in all social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter
- Expertise in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Website development/graphic design skills highly preferred
- Marketing background/experience highly preferred
- Passion for the outdoors a plus
- Ability to travel in-state and out-of-state
- Knowledge of program design process, needs assessment, program analysis and evaluation methodology.
- Ability to work independently as well as in small groups to achieve program and agency goals.
Requests for further information should be directed to Jessica Staffeld, Hiring Manager, at Jessica.Staffeld@myfwc.com.
CLICK HERE to apply.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BREVARD COUNTY NEWS