Vote Now For Florida Tech Student-Athletes’ ‘What Motivates You To Play?’ Video Entry
By Alan Zlotorzynski, Assistant Editor // March 24, 2017
contest helps FIT SAAC get funding for 2017-2018
ABOVE VIDEO: Florida Tech Panthers entry into the 2017 Student Athlete Advisory Committee video contest, “What Motivates You to Play.” Assist Florida Tech athletes and vote now for their entry in the “What motivates you to play?” video contest. VOTE HERE NOW
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – Assist Florida Tech athletes and vote now for their entry in the “What motivates you to play?” video contest.
The Sunshine State Conference is sponsoring this contest where each member school created a video produced by student-athletes highlighting why they love to compete in collegiate sports at their institution.
The school receiving the highest number of votes will receive a $500 prize to be used towards their intuition’s Student Athlete Advisory Committee. In addition, the top three videos may be shown at the President’s Council and AD/SWA meetings this Spring.
Please support the Panthers by voting now. Voting will close Thursday, March 30 at 5 p.m. As of Friday morning, the Panthers were third in the contest with 1,367 votes. They trail St. Leo who leads the competition with 2,029 tallies.
What is the Student Athlete Advisory Committee?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is the student-athlete’s voice in the administration of the programs that directly affect you, the student-athlete. The group consists of representatives from each team Florida Tech fields.
Membership in this organization is based on student-athlete interest, coach recommendations and commitment.
The focus of the SAAC is to be the leadership for the student-athlete population and serve as a vehicle to increase service to the University and the community at large. If you are interested in serving on the committee, please contact your coach.
Functions and Objectives of the SAAC Organization
- Uphold the mission and standards of Florida Tech as well as the Sunshine State Conference and NCAA SAAC;
- Promote communication between athletic administration and student-athletes;
- Provide feedback and insight to student-athlete population into athletic department issues;
- Build a sense of community within the athletic program involving the support of all teams;
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation;
- Organize fundraising, community service and community engagement efforts;
- Help promote athletic events throughout the campus community;
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus committees (student-government, etc.); and
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE FLORIDA TECH SPORTS