State Attorney Releases Scam Suspect Composite Sketch, Posed As Home Handyman
By Phil Archer, State Attorney // May 22, 2017
help identify residential burglary suspects
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Our investigators need your help identifying residential burglary suspects.
Eariler this month, a man knocked on the door of the victim’s home located on North Street in unincorporated Longwood and said he needed to discuss a wall in the backyard that needed to be repaired.
The man, who identified himself as “Rick,” then requested the victim accompany him into the backyard. Approximately 10 minutes later, the victim heard another man yell out that it was time to leave and both suspects left the area on foot.
A short time later, the victim noticed money and jewelry missing from inside his home.
Investigators believe the first suspect distracted the homeowner by luring him to the backyard while the second suspect entered the home via the unlocked front door and stole the items.
The first suspect is described as a white male, approximately 5-feet-6-inches tall, weighing about 150-160 pounds. No description is available for the second suspect.
The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office reminds residents to follow these safety tips to avoid becoming a burglary victim:
• Call 911 immediately to report suspicious activity, persons, or vehicles.
• Always lock doors, windows and sliding glass doors, even when you are home.
• If you are at home and the doorbell rings, go to the door to investigate who is there and let them know
that a person is inside.
• If you are confronted by someone claiming to be a worker, contractor, or any professional person, ask for identification and a business card.
• Research the phone number of the company they claim to be with and call for verification.
Anyone with information on this crime or the identity of the suspects is asked to call the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office at 407-665-6650 or Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477). Calls made to Crimeline remain anonymous, and tips that lead to the felony arrest of suspects and/or the recovery of stolen property and drugs are eligible for cash rewards of up to $1,000.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY CRIME NEWS