Marine Resources Council To Host Open Forum On Indian River Lagoon Restoration Today at Lagoon House
By Space Coast Daily // September 30, 2017
rare opportunity to have these experts TOGETHER
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – The Marine Resources Council will host an open forum on the restoration of the Indian River Lagoon on Saturday, Sept. 30 at the Ted Moorhead Lagoon House, located at 3275 Dixie Highway NE in Palm Bay.
“We are not lecturing at all, we are answering all your questions about the lagoon this Saturday, Sept. 30 at 3 p.m.,” said the Marine Resources Council on Facebook.
“Our panel is loaded! The Forum is free, and this is a rare opportunity to have these experts in the same place at the same time, and available to the public in this format. Please do not miss this awesome opportunity – meet our panel.
• Dr. Duane DeFreese, Indian River Lagoon National Estuary Program: Topic – Overview of IRL Status & Restoration Efforts
• Dr. Kelli Hunsucker, Research Assistant Professor at Florida Institute of Technology: Topic – Living Docks
• Dr. Leesa Souto, Marine Resources Council Executive Director & Florida Institute of Technology Professor: Topic – Lagoon Monitoring, Education, & Community Engagement
• Dr. John Trefry, Florida Institute of Technology Professor of Marine and Environmental Systems: Topic – Muck Management and Dredging
• Dr. Robert Weaver, Engineering solutions Associate Professor of Ocean Engineering and Sciences: Topic – Lagoon Engineering Solutions
• Dr. John Windsor, Professor Emeritus Oceanography and Environmental Science at Florida Institute of Technology: Topic – Save Our Lagoon Project Plan
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS