VIDEO: Florida Stone Crab Claws With Key Lime Mustard Dipping Sauce – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // October 23, 2017
FLORIDA SEAFOOD AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND
ABOVE VIDEO: Florida Stone Crab Claws with Key Lime Mustard Dipping Sauce.
FRESH FROM FLORIDA— Florida farmers make it easy for everyone to eat fresh produce year-round. Due to the milder climate in the Sunshine State, fruits and vegetables grown in Florida are generally available earlier than those produced in other states.
In fact, most of Florida’s produce is available between October and June.
This allows you to enjoy fresh Florida tomatoes, oranges, bell peppers, strawberries, snap beans and squash during the winter months, and fresh Florida blueberries, sweet corn and watermelon in late spring.
Seafood and shellfish caught in Florida’s waters are available year-round.
So enjoy the bounty that Florida has to offer – and for delicious dishes, check out our “Fresh From Florida” recipes created by Chef Justin Timineri, Florida’s culinary ambassador.
Chef Justin Timineri’s mission is to encourage everyone to rediscover fresh, healthy Florida cuisine.
Florida Stone Crab Claws With Key Lime Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 3 pounds Florida stone crab claws, medium-sized
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 Key limes (or two regular limes), juiced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Crack claws using a wooden hammer or a seafood cracker; remove shell and movable pincer leaving meat attached to the remaining pincer.
- Set aside and keep refrigerated until use.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, Dijon and lime juice. Taste the mustard sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve stone crab claws with the mustard sauce.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS