VIDEO: Florida’s Space Coast Features World-Class Surfing, 72 Miles of Accessible Ocean Beaches
By Visit Space Coast // October 16, 2017
Hurricane Irma and Maria – coast is clear
ABOVE VIDEO: Hurricane Irma and Maria are gone and the coast is clear for your next Florida Space Coast vacation. (Florida’s Space Coast Video)
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Looking for a destination with more of Florida in one space? Florida’s Space Coast is the only coastal choice with 72 miles of accessible ocean beaches, space-age attractions, America’s most diverse estuary and the largest sea turtle nesting area in the country.
The Space Coast is home to Port Canaveral, one of the largest cruise ports in the world with Disney Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Lines, deep-sea fishing charters, twice daily gaming cruises on Victory Casino Cruises and waterfront dining/entertainment.
Other notable attractions that define the area include:
- Florida’s largest manatee and sea turtle habitats
- Home of America’s Space Program and live rocket launches
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Legendary Cocoa Beach, the east coast surfing capital
- One-of-a-kind Ron Jon Surf Shop
- Brevard Zoo – one of the highest rated zoos in the country
- Some of Florida’s best championship golf courses
- Professional baseball and tennis events
- World class fresh, brackish and salt water fishing
- Offshore gaming on Victory Casino Cruises
- Three historic downtown districts with shopping, dining and entertainment
- The Eau Gallie Arts District and Foosaner Art Museum
- Airboat and kayak ecotours
- Hidden Gems Self-Guided Driving Tours
- The largest Birding and Wildlife Festival in the U.S.
The Space Coast is just 45-minutes east of Orlando, Florida and the Orlando International Airport and is also home to the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport.
Cities located on Florida’s Space Coast are: Titusville, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Viera, Melbourne Beaches and Palm Bay.
Plan a romantic weekend getaway for two, a fun-filled vacation for the family, or just a weekend gathering with good friends. Click to receive a Free Visitor’s Guide by mail.
Along with information on this site, the guide will help visitors to:
- Learn how to surf the waves in Cocoa Beach
- Kayak in the Indian River Lagoon or Turkey Creek Sanctuary
- Take the family on a “cruise and stay” vacation
- Spend the day in historic Cocoa Village, Melbourne or Titusville
- Shop and dine at the Avenue Viera
Timing is everything. So also check out the event and launch schedules on this site. Whatever the reason for visiting, Florida’s Space Coast has your space for making memories.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS