UPDATE: Many Brevard Parks, Fields, Ramps Remain Closed Due to Recent Flash Flooding
By Don Walker, Brevard County Communications Director // November 7, 2017
closed Pending further damage evaluation
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Due to the recent flash flooding as well as extensive damage from Hurricane Irma, many of the parks, fields, and ramps remain closed until we can further evaluate the damage.
Boat ramps and docks cannot be evaluated until waters start to recede due to the high water level. There will be many locations throughout the parks that will remain unsafe to access until repairs can be completed and debris has been cleared.
The Parks and Recreation Department is asking the community to please abide by these closures for safety concerns as maintenance crews continue to work expeditiously on recovering and repairing the parks as quickly as possible.
Residents are encouraged to contact local parks to ensure they are open before visiting.
The status of the parks will continue to be monitored across Brevard County. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available at BrevardParks.com and on the Parks and Recreation social media pages.
Park Closures expected Nov. 6 – Nov. 13:
NOTE: All Community Centers are now OPEN
North Area Closed:
- Hatbill Park
- Manatee Hammock
- Kennedy Point Park
- Space View Park*
- Rotary Riverfront Park*
- Scottsmoor Landing
- Six-Mile Creek
- Cracker Jacks South Catwalk
• Space View Park is only open up to the seawall
• Rotary Riverfront Park South is closed, but Rotary Park North, that includes bathrooms, pavilion and playground, is open.
Tom Statham Park is open, shoreline area and playground remain closed. Fox Lake Park is open; the Fox Lake Park boat ramp and two pavilions remain closed.
Central Area Closed:
- Lee Wenner Park
- McFarland Park
- F. Burton Smith Regional Park
- James G. Bourbeau Park
South Area Closed:
- Kiwanis Park at Geiger Point
- Rotary Park at Suntree — partially open boat ramps that are Open:
- Marina Boat Ramp
- Parrish Park Titusville Boat Ramp (one ramp open — located on east side)
- Kelly Park East Boat Ramp
- Kiwanis Island Park Boat Ramp (south side only)
- Christenson’s Landing
- Eau Gallie Boat Ramp
- 1st Street Boat Ramp Grant
- Lake Shepard Boat Ramp
- Lake Washington Boat Ramp
- POW/MIA Boat Ramp
- Jorgenson’s Boat Ramp
- All remaining boat ramps are Closed.
The Habitat Golf Course, Spessard Holland Golf Course, and Savannah’s Golf Course are open for play.
Wickham Park Campground is open. Long Point Campground has 167 of 170 campsites open, the remaining campsites remain closed. Manatee Hammock Campground has 30 sites open, all other sites remain closed.
STAY TUNED TO SPACE COAST DAILY FOR UPDATES
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS