WATCH: Cocoa Walmart Focused On Expanding Shopping Options, Introduces City’s First Grocery Pickup Tower
By Space Coast Daily // September 13, 2018
towers are part of anticipated $200 million spend by Walmart in the state of Florida
ABOVE VIDEO: As Walmart continues to lead in retail innovation, the company is expanding the roll out of cutting-edge technology to select stores across the state of Florida, including in Cocoa with the installation of the city’s first Pickup Tower at the Walmart on Clearlake Road.
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA, FLORIDA – As Walmart continues to lead in retail innovation, the company is expanding the rollout of cutting-edge technology to select stores across the state of Florida, including in Cocoa with the installation of the city’s first Pickup Tower at the Walmart on Clearlake Road.
“Our customers tell us they want the convenience of shopping when, where and how they want,” said Amy Alfaro-Ortiz, a market eCommerce manager for Walmart in Central Florida.
“Our new Pickup Towers are just one of the many ways Walmart is creating a seamless shopping experience, and we’re excited to bring this new technology to Cocoa for the first time.”
The towers are part of an anticipated $200 million spend by Walmart in the state of Florida this year focused on expanding shopping options and empowering customers through new store construction, improvements and innovations. Last month, the company also opened its new $145 million grocery Distribution Center in Cocoa.
The event was a culmination of a multi-year effort, supported by state and local officials and community members, to strengthen Walmart’s supply chain network while creating approximately 400 quality jobs.
New Technology: Pickup Towers
Pickup Towers are 16 feet tall and function like high-tech vending machines, capable of fulfilling a customer’s online order in less than a minute. One was recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter in Cocoa at 2700 Clearlake Road.
Using Pickup Tower
- Simply choose from millions of items available on Walmart.com and select the “Pickup” option at checkout.
- When the item arrives at your local store, an associate loads it into the Pickup Tower and you will receive notification.
- When you arrive at the store, step up to the Pickup Tower and scan the bar code sent to your smartphone.
- You will receive your order in less than a minute.
Shop How, Where and When You Want: Convenience Offerings
- Walmart is innovating the shopping experience like no one else – so customers can shop when and how they want.
- Customers can shop nearly 67 million items on walmart.com or through a new partnership with Google Express.
- Walmart also gives customers the power of choice; Pickup Discount gives customers a discount on select items if they choose to pick up their Walmart.com order at a store.
- In addition, free 2-Day shipping is offered with no extra cost for orders of $35 or more.
- The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. By using the Walmart mobile app, customers can create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save e-receipts and shop walmart.com.
- Express Services is a new feature in the Walmart app that is combined with in-store Express Lanes in most stores to help expedite customers’ Money Services transactions and will soon include Pharmacy Services.
- With Online Grocery Pickup, customers select from up to 40,000 online grocery items, diapers, dog food and more, and choose the best time to pick their items up. A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into the customer’s car upon arrival – all at no additional cost.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS