FBI Seeks ‘Traveling Bandit’ After Suspect Robs Seven Banks in Six States, Including Florida
By Space Coast Daily // January 19, 2019
robber may strike again in the near future given his pattern of past robberies
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION – The FBI is seeking information about an unidentified bank robber who has robbed at least seven banks in six states, including Florida, since December 28, 2018.
Investigators have dubbed him the “Traveling Bandit” based on the great distances he has covered committing these robberies.
They believe the robber may strike again in the near future given his pattern of past robberies, as displayed below:
• December 28, 2018; Aventura, Florida; Capital Bank
• January 2, 2019; Asheville, North Carolina; SunTrust Bank
• January 4, 2019; Johnson City, Tennessee; Mountain Commerce Bank
• January 8, 2019; Mt. Juliet, Tennessee; US Bank
• January 10, 2019; Prattville, Alabama; TrustMark Bank
• January 14, 2019; Mt. Vernon, Illinois; 5th 3rd Bank
• January 17, 2019; Price Branch, Utah; Wells Fargo Bank
So far, no one has been injured during the robberies.
The suspect usually approaches the counter and presents a note demanding money and threatening a weapon, then departing the bank on foot. He may be driving a white Ford Explorer or Expedition.
In most of the robberies, he has worn similar clothing, including a black jacket, white t-shirt, and a black baseball hat.
The suspect is described as a white male, with a goatee, and salt and pepper hair. He is approximately 40 to 50 years old, 5-feet-6-inches to 5-feet-10-inches tall, with a medium build. The suspect has tattoos on both arms.
The FBI and numerous local and state law enforcement agencies continue their investigation.
The suspect should be considered armed and dangerous. If you have any information about this suspect call 754-703-2000.
STAY TUNED TO SPACE COAST DAILY FOR UPDATES
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS