Brevard Public Schools’ Mark Mullins Embarks on County-Wide Listening Tour to Plan for Future
By Brevard Public Schools // April 12, 2019
Brevard Public Schools annually surveys parents, teachers and school staff
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard Public Schools announced that Superintendent Mark Mullins will be holding town-hall-style meetings across the Space Coast over the next month.
At these “community conversations,” Mullins and school board members invite parents, school staff and other members of the community to share their thoughts and questions about issues facing our schools.
Meeting dates and locations are as follows:
• April 15 – Titusville High School with District 1 representative Misty Belford
• April 16 – Heritage High School with District 5 representative Katye Campbell
• April 29 – Eau Gallie High School with District 4 representative Matt Susin
• May 6 – Satellite High School with District 3 representative Tina Descovich
• May 15 – Merritt Island High School with District 2 representative Cheryl McDougall
(All meetings will be held from 5:30-7 p.m. in each school’s auditorium.)
“Delivering a world-class education to our children requires listening to our community, acting on its feedback, and incorporating new ideas and fresh thinking,” said Mullins.
“I welcome families to join us at their nearest meeting location and share their views with us. We want to hear from you as we develop our strategic plan for the next school year and beyond.”
Brevard Public Schools annually surveys parents, teachers and school staff to reveal trends in satisfaction with education quality, school leadership, and family engagement in schools.
Now, through this series of community conversations, Dr. Mullins hopes to dig deeper and hear directly from individuals.
For perspective, Dr. Mullins will begin each session with a brief progress report on Brevard Public Schools before fielding questions and comments from attendees.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS