Crews Extinguish House On Fire In Palm Bay

By  //  December 12, 2012

$15,000 Damage To Residence

[gmarker marker_latitude=”” marker_longitud=”” marker_label=””] [/gmarker]


BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – Smoldering smoking material discarded in a kitchen trash bin sparked a fire that caused more than $15,000 damage to a home in Palm Bay on Wednesday afternoon.

Palm Bay Fire Department Community Information Officer Yvonne Martinez   said firefighters were called to 2222 Macedo Road about 12:40 P.M. when a neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the home.

When firefighters arrived they gained access to the structure and quickly knocked down the fire which was located in the kitchen area, Martinez said.

Further investigation revealed the fire started in a trash bin next to the dishwasher.

Fire investigators determined improperly discarded smoking materials inside the trash bin triggered the fire.

There were no injuries and the Red Cross is assisting the occupants of the home.