Sheriff’s Office Recognized Nationally For Hiring Veterans
By SpaceCoastDaily.com // November 10, 2013
BCSO among 19 aGENCIES HONORED
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office was recognized by the Military Times “Best for Vets” for its commitment to providing opportunities to America’s Veterans.
The agency was among 19 across the country to be honored.
The Military Times Best for Vets is a nationwide publication that provides resources to assist Veterans in post-military careers and educational resources.
The Best for Vets directs their readers to the schools, employers and franchises that value military experience and demonstrate this through incentives and programs. The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office was recognized in the October edition.
Agencies that were recognized by Military Best for Vets for their dedication in supporting veterans includes:
• Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, Florida
• City of Austin Police Department, Texas
• Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office, Virginia
• Denver Police Department, Colorado
• Veterans Affairs Department: Greater Los Angeles Health Care System Police Service, California
• Dyer County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee
• Goochland Sheriff’s Office, Virginia
• Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Texas
• Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Florida
• Honolulu Police Department, Hawaii
• Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, D.C.
• Mukilteo Police Department, Washington
• Office of Law Enforcement/ Federal Air Marshals, nationwide
• Oklahoma City Police Department, Oklahoma
• Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Florida
• Travis County Sheriff’s Office, Texas
• Tucson Police Department, Arizona
• Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Police, Washington State
• Webb County Sheriff’s Office, Texas
“I am a proud Veteran of the U.S. Army who has seen the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office work closely with our Veterans,” said Lt. Colonel Danny R. McKnight, USA (Ret.). “Most importantly, our Sheriff’s Office aggressively recruits our nation’s veterans who want to continue their service to our country and citizen’s in the law enforcement profession.”
George Taylor, president and founder of the National Veterans Homeless Support said, “Sheriff Ivey leads by example in support our veterans and we thank him very much for that. The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office exemplifies the Best for Vets distinction by honoring those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.”
Sheriff Wayne Ivey said: “Brevard County has a rich history of supporting those who have served our country. We respect the incredible sacrifices of our Veterans, active duty military and their families. We are truly honored to offer employment opportunities for those who share belief in patriotism, love of country and willingness to serve for the common good.”