PREP FOOTBALL: Week 6 Game Coverage
By Space Coast Daily // October 4, 2014
SPECIAL SPACECOASTDAILY.COM TEAM COVERAGE
ABOVE VIDEO: Space Coast High School coach Jake Owens talks about the Vipers’ 54-0 win over Ponciana & their upcoming game vs. Cocoa.
FRIDAY, OCT. 3 GAMES
• Titusville 25, Palm Bay 20 (FINAL)
•The First Academy 63, MCC 47 (FINAL)
• Cocoa 56, Cocoa Beach 0 (FINAL)
• Heritage 35, Port St. Lucie 3 (FINAL)
• Jones 49, Space Coast 16 (FINAL)
• All Saints Academy 42, Merritt Island Christian 16 (FINAL)
• Rockledge at Astronaut, (DELAYED TO MONDAY)
• Viera 42, Eau Gallie 0 (FINAL)
• Merritt Island 56, Satellite 0 (FINAL)
• Trinity Prep 36, Holy Trinity 28 (FINAL)
THURSDAY, OCT. 2 GAME
• Bayside 14, Jenson Beach 6, (FINAL)
Rae Kameka Week 6 Rankings & Predictions
4. Palm Bay
8. Merritt Island
11. Eau Gallie
12. Space Coast
13. Holy Trinity
16. Cocoa Beach
17. Merritt Island Christian
• Titusville at Palm Bay Prediction: Palm Bay by 3 (Upset Alert)
• Port St. Lucie at Heritage Prediction: Heritage by 23
• Holy Trinity at Trinity Prep Prediction: Trinity Prep by 10
• Bayside at Jensen Beach Prediction: Bayside by 17
• Space Coast at Jones Prediction: Space Coast by 8
• First Academy at MCC Prediction: MCC by 12
• Viera at Eau Gallie Prediction: Viera by 24
• Merritt Island at Satellite Prediction: Merritt Island by 7
• MICS at All Saints Academy Prediction: All Saints Academy by 14
• Rockledge at Astronaut Prediction: Astronaut by 7
• Cocoa at Cocoa Beach Prediction: Cocoa by 45
• Melbourne (Idle)
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The expert Friday Night Locker Room radio broadcast crew of Steve Wilson and Orville Susong team with Space Coast Daily’s Matt O’Hern as they analyze and make their predictions about the upcoming Week 5 prep football games on the Space Coast.
O’Hern has a background in sports journalism that dates back to 2002 and covered Brevard County sports from 2004 through 2009 for Hometown News.
O’Hern’s career also includes two years covering NCAA Division I FCS football for Samford University (Alma Mater of FSU Coaches Jimbo Fischer and Bobby Bowden) in Birmingham, Ala.
In 2003, O’Hern covered college and prep football for the Birmingham Post-Herald.
O’Hern will provide football analysis throughout the 2014 season on SpaceCoastDaily.com.
“We are delighted to be able to bring this incredible team of experts to Space Coast Daily,” said publisher Tom Palermo.
“For many years, the Friday Night Locker Room crew has covered sporting events in Brevard County like no one else, and has the expertise, talent and insight that has become a key component for sports fans on the Space Coast.”
THREE DECADES OF KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
The Friday Night Locker Room live game broadcasts air locally on WPIO 89.3 and is streamed on SpaceCoastDaily.com.
Now in their third decade of providing local sports coverage, the Friday Night Locker Room team has aired hundreds of high school football games, high school basketball games, little league baseball and softball games, Brevard County Manatees baseball, high school baseball and softball games, and many other events in and around Brevard County.
The team has broadcast games from as far north as Tallahassee and as far south as Miami.
Mike Erdman Cadillac Nissan Sponsors Friday Night Locker Room
Wilson praised Randy Henry, owner of WPIO/WEJF and Mike Erdman for their commitment to airing the Friday Night Locker Room games and special features.
“Without the support of our title sponsor, Mike Erdman Nissan/Cadillac, we would not be able to do what we de each and every Friday night,” said Wilson.
“Mr. Erdman is a big supporter of youth sports and we sincerely appreciate everything he does for us.”
Friday Night Locker Room sponsors include Mike Erdman Nissan Cadillac, State Farm Insurance – Alan Wester – Rockledge/Viera, Beef O’Brady’s, SpaceCoastDaily.com, Berry Signs, Inc., Knudson Brain Spine Injury Law Office, Custom Prints Screen Printing, Florida MasterTemp, Al’s Trophy Shop and Planet Fitness.
Both Steve Wilson and Orville Susong said they are thrilled to be teaming up with SpaceCoastDaily.com to reach an even greater audience.
“We are very excited about doing this and all of the possibilities going forward,” Wilson said. “We look forward to this partnership and everything it holds for local sports enthusiasts.”