Putnam Announces New Partnership With Taiwan
By Space Coast Daily // November 29, 2014
'Fresh From Florida' Goes To Taiwan
TALAHSSEE, FLORIDA – Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Adam H. Putnam announced today a new partnership with Taiwan after a recent international trade mission by Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services marketing specialists.
The international trade mission included more than 400 surveys with a cross-section of Taiwanese residents and research analysis of local retail establishments. Contacts were made at Jason’s Market Place and Wellcome Stores, which together represent 225 retail outlets in Taiwan.
Current negotiations will result in exclusive “Fresh From Florida” promotions in Taiwan next year, the first time the state’s iconic “Fresh From Florida” brand has partnered with stores in that country. “Fresh From Florida” marketing will now be in 4,852 stores in 27 nations and territories, a historic count.
Florida international agricultural exports remain a vital component of the economic strength of the state, generating more than $4 billion in cash receipts and placing the state as the 8th largest agricultural exporter in the United States.
Florida already exports oranges, blueberries and grapefruit to Taiwan, which has the highest per capita intake of fruit in the world. The United States is the country’s top supplier for imported fruits and vegetables.
“We are proud to bring our unique brand and fresh produce to Taiwan,” said Commissioner of Agriculture Adam H. Putnam.
“We continue to see growth in international exports of ‘Fresh From Florida’ products, proving that there is nothing better than what we grow right here in Florida.”
In addition to this partnership, other recent international successes in Asia include:
• Joining a new promotional campaign in Japan for the first time is You/Me stores with 104 outlets around Hiroshima. Their “Fresh From Florida” promotion is currently planning to feature Florida blueberries and blueberry wine to kick off sales.
• A two-year partnership with Outback in South Korea to bring “Fresh From Florida” grapefruit to 110 Outback locations in that country.
• A new endeavor with distributor Maeil Dairies in Korea promoting Florida orange juice.
• South Korean distributor JinWon has expanded marketing and promotional activities focusing on fresh Florida grapefruit in 431 stores across Korea, as well as testing impulse buying in 2,300 convenience store locations.
• Okuwa grocery located near Osaka, Japan, has agreed to a second year of promotion of fresh grapefruit in 172 grocery stores in Japan and is in negotiations to examine conducting a “Fresh From Florida” promotion with several Florida products in 2015.
• In Singapore, partner Growers Synergy will market Florida oranges and juice as well as explore including Florida blueberries and stone crabs in their 170 retail stores.
For more information about the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, visit FreshFromFlorida.com.