United Way To Conduct Homeless Census On Jan. 26
By Space Coast Daily // December 17, 2014
in need of community volunteers
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – In order to justify federal, state, and local funding to help assist the end of homelessness in Brevard County, area communities will gather to support and conduct a homeless census on Jan. 26.
“We are in need of community volunteers who will help us canvass parks, beaches, shopping centers, day labor sites, soup kitchens and areas where the homeless habitually congregate, including libraries,” said Keith Heinly, United Way of Brevard Community Impact Manager.
“As volunteers you will be provided with routes, nametags, and survey forms. In addition to conducting the survey, you will also be distributing socks, t-shirts and other items to the homeless that you encounter.”
Volunteers must attend one of the training sessions scheduled during the week of Jan. 12 – 17.
“To the best of our ability we will assign new volunteers with individuals who have assisted with the Point in Time Count previously,” said Heinly.
• Jan. 12: 10 a.m. at DAV #109, 435 Singleton Avenue, Titusville
• Jan. 13: 9:30a.m. at Daily Bread, 815 E. Fee Avenue, Melbourne
• Jan. 14: 10 a.m. at VOA, 4690 Lipscomb Street, Palm Bay
• Jan. 15: 10a.m. at Red Cross, 1700 Cedar Street, Rockledge
• Jan. 17: 10 a.m. at Viera Government Center, 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Bldg. B, Viera
For more information contact Heinly at email@example.com or call at 321-635-8885.