VIDEO: UCF Knights Make Off Season Coaching Changes
By Brian Ormiston, UCFKnight.com // January 25, 2015
Taaffe retires after 42 seasons
ABOVE VIDEO: UCF head coach George O’Leary talks about the changes on the coaching staff.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA – UCF head coach George O’Leary has announced changes to the football program’s coaching staff.
Among those changes, offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe has retired after 42 seasons of coaching.
Assistant head coach of offense and offensive line coach Brent Key has been promoted to take Taaffe’s position while also mentoring the running backs.
Chuck Bresnahan comes to Orlando to serve as the Knights’ defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
“Charlie has had a long, successful history in coaching. I wish him all of the best and appreciate all that he has done for UCF football,” O’Leary said.
Two more new faces who are joining UCF in 2015 are no strangers to the Knights.
Andrew Thacker was a graduate assistant at UCF from 2008-09 and was recently with the Atlanta Falcons.
He will be in charge of the safeties. Meanwhile, Travis Fisher takes over the cornerbacks. Fisher was a defensive quality assistant for the Knights in 2013 and suited up in a Black and Gold uniform from 1999-01.
The remaining changes include Allen Mogridge switching from H-backs/tight ends to the offensive line, Danny Barrett jumping over from running backs to quarterbacks, Keegan Kennedy moving from director of player personnel to H-backs/tight ends and former special teams coach Mike Buscemi taking over the role held by Kennedy.
2015 UCF Coaching Staff
• George O’Leary – Head Coach – 12th Season
• Brent Key – Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs – 11th Season
• Chuck Bresnahan – Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers – First Season
• Danny Barrett – Quarterbacks – Fifth Season
• Sean Beckton – Wide Receivers – 15th Season
• Lorenzo Costantini – Defensive Line – Seventh Season
• Travis Fisher – Cornerbacks – Second Season
• Keegan Kennedy – Tight Ends/H-Backs and Recruiting Coordinator – Third Season
• Allen Mogridge – Offensive Line – Third Season
• Andrew Thacker – Safeties – Third Season
*Season listed is entering 2015, and how many years they’ve been on the UCF staff as a full-time coach, GA or quality control assistant