Parrish Medical Center ‘Superheroes’ Lead Circle of Giving Campaign, Raise $123,000
By Space Coast Daily // July 18, 2015
funds for new outdoor healing environment
BREVARD COUNTY • TITUSVILLE, FLORIDA – Parrish Medical Center (PMC) and Parrish Medical Group (PMG) raised more than $123,000 in the eighth annual employee giving campaign. The Circle of Giving campaign exceeded the fundraising goal by over $11,000 with a 62 percent in overall participation.
This year’s superhero-themed campaign made it fun for employees to raise funds for a new outdoor healing environment connecting the hospital with Parrish Health Village and the Chain of Lakes. This unique outdoor park will include fitness stations, a walking trail and space for group fitness classes, physical therapy sessions and community events.
“Making our community a better place is part of our mission, vision and values,” said Parrish employee and Circle of Giving chairperson Sherry Shelley.
“The Parrish employees are the true superheroes. Although divided into four competitive teams, they came together for one common goal, to make a healthier community.”
PMC’s employee Circle of Giving program was established in 2006 by the Jess Parrish Medical Foundation as a means to further the medical center’s mission to provide Healing Experiences for Everyone all the Time.
Parrish employees have raised almost $950,000 through its Circle of Giving program.
Previous campaigns have provided funding for:
• Parrish Senior Solutions — a referral and support service for seniors and their caregivers;
• Digital stereotactic breast biopsy equipment — a less invasive procedure used to diagnose breast cancer;
• Healing in Motion Vans – medical transportation program for patients in need;
• The Children’s Center playground renovation and expansion — to provide a safe and healthy early childhood development environment accessible to all children, regardless of ability; and
• The Women’s Center North Guild — a permanent home to provide programs and services for the more than 650 estimated annual victims of domestic abuse in North Brevard.
Working together, the Parrish employees are continuing their vision of Healing Families–Healing Communities. For more information about Circle of Giving, please contact the Jess Parrish Medical Foundation at 321-269-4066 or visit ParrishMedFoundation.com