Parrish Medical Group Primary Care Practices Now Certified Patient-Centered Medical Homes
By Space Coast Daily // July 19, 2015
medical home inspires quality in care
BREVARD COUNTY • TITUSVILLE, FLORIDA – All Parrish Medical Group primary care practices have earned the highest level of certification (Level 3) as Patient-Centered Medical Homes from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Patient-Centered Medical Homes are driving some of the most important reforms in healthcare delivery today. According to the National Committee for Quality Assurance, a growing body of scientific evidence shows that Patient-Centered Medical Homes are saving money by reducing hospital and emergency department visits, reducing health disparities, and are improving patient outcomes.
The medical home inspires quality in care, cultivates more engaging patient-caregiver relationships, and captures savings through expanded access and delivery options.
“Lots of health providers talk about being patient-centered, however to be certified by the NCQA as such affirms our group’s commitment to adhering to superior clinical standards and providing the highest level of personalized care to the people we serve,” said Parrish Medical Group Executive Director of Physician Practices Felicia N. Rabsatt-Harris, MBA, MHA, CHC.
Examples of criteria that primary-care practices must meet to earn Patient-Centered Medical Homes certification include:
• The practice systematically identifies individual patients and plans, and manages and coordinates care based on need.
• The practice provides access to team-based care for both routine and urgent needs of patients, families and caregivers.
• The practice follows standards for providing access to appointments, and regularly assesses its performance on providing (a) same-day appointments for routine and urgent care; (b) availability of appointments; and by (c) acting on identified opportunities to improve.
• The practice provides access to evidence-based care, patient/family education and self-management support.
• The practice collaborates with the patient and family to develop and implement a written care plan for patients.
• The practice uses performance data to identify opportunities for improvement and acts to improve clinical quality, efficiency and patient experience.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a Parrish Medical Group Patient-Centered Medical Home, call 321-268-6PMG (6764).