Brevard County Residential Townhouses, Condo Report For Aug. 2015
By Bobby Freeman, Realtor // September 24, 2015
New Pending Sales up 5.9%, New Listings down 2.5%
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Closed Sales are up 0.3% for August 2015 in which the number of units closed were 877 compared to 874 in August 2014, with a decrease in cash sales by -9.3% compared to August 2014.
A quick recap of the Brevard County Residential Report for August 2015 compared to August 2014:
• New Pending Sales are up 5.9% and New Listings are down -2.5%.
• Median Sales Price for Brevard County Single Family Homes are up 10.3% to $171,000 compared to a year ago, which was $155,000.
• Median Days on the Market are down -30.8%, which is 27 days compared to 39 in August 2014.
• Months Supply of Inventory is down -26.2% to 2.8 months compared to 3.8 months in August 2014.
• Traditional Sales are up 15.0%, with a median sales price of $188,125.
• Foreclosure/REO Sales are down -34.4%, with a median sales price of $92,000.
• Short Sale Closings are down -50.0%, with a median sale price of $160,000.
A quick recap of the Brevard County Townhouses/Condos Report for August 2015 compared to August 2014:
• Closed Sales are up 14.7% for August 2015 in which the number of units closed were 234 compared to 204 in August 2014, with an increase in cash sales of 12.5% compared to August 2014.
• New Pending Sales are up 12.0% and New Listings are down -10.9%.
• The Median Sales Price for Townhouses/Condos is up 5.2% to $131,500 compared to a year ago, which was $125,000.
• Median Days on the Market are down -2.4%, which is 41 days compared to August 2014, which was 42 days.
• Months Supply of Inventory is down -33.0%, which is 3.2 months compared to August 2014, which was 4.8 months.
• Traditional Sales are up 15.3%, with a median sales price of $138,700.
• Foreclosure/REO Sales are up 23.1%, with a median sales price of $66,500.
• Short Sale Closings are down -25.0%, with a median sale price of $108,800.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bobby Freeman, a life-time resident of Brevard County, has been a top Realtor in the area for two decades. In his first year as an agent, Freeman received a Rising Star award from his Brokers. Since then he has achieved numerous sales awards and has recently been presented with the prestigious RE/MAX Hall of Fame Award.
Freeman, Jennifer McCoy and Nikki McCoy Freeman are family partners for RE/MAX Elite’s McCoy-Freeman Group. Together they have more than 30 years of extensive experience in all aspects of the real estate industry and have sold over $200 million.
Among McCoy-Freeman Group’s achievement are RE/MAX Hall of Fame, RE/MAX 100% Club, Certified Distressed Property Experts (CDPE), Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) and voted Best Realtor in Brevard County.
The group has been featured in many news publications including CNN Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, WFTV 9 ABC News, Coastal Condo Living, & Hot Retirement Towns Magazine and SpaceCoastDaily.com.
For more information log on to BrevardRealtyConnection.