Cocoa Village Playhouse To Host Auditions For New Upcoming Comedy Musical ‘Nunsense’
By Space Coast Daily // October 19, 2015
Auditions to held October 19-20 at 7 p.m.
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA, FLORIDA – The Little Sisters of Hoboken display their divine talents in a zany benefit revue.
In an effort to raise money for their fallen Sisters — unfortunate victims of a convent cooking accident –Mother Superior (The Golden Girls’ Rue McClanahan) and her order of eccentric and endearing nuns show the lighter side of being Catholic.
With riotous dance numbers, show-stopping songs and side-splitting wit, you’ll swear Nunsense was heaven-sent.
AUDITIONS (Females 16 & Older)
• Monday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m.
Performance Dates: January 8 – 10,
(One weekend only)
Sister Mary Regina (Mother Superior):
The head of the convent, she is respected greatly by the sisters. While she is strict, she has a hard time keeping the craziness of the convent at bay. She keeps her guard up in front of the nuns, but has an extroverted side.
Part requires some very physical humor. The character may be played with an Irish accent.
Sister Mary Hubert:
Hubert is in charge of novices, but fancies herself a Mother Superior and is constant competition with Mary Regina. She exudes maternal wisdom to novices, but also likes to let loose.
Sister Robert Anne:
Once a child delinquent herself, this rough tough nun is a jokester and constantly challenging authority. She speaks with a thick Brooklyn accent and constantly displays her lack of refinement.
Sister Mary Amnesia:
As the name suggests, she has lost her memory and does not know who she is except that she is a nun. She is spacey and incoherent, often slipping into displays inappropriate for a nun. Must be able to sing in classical and country styles.
Sister Mary Leo:
Leo is the novice nun, still learning the way and coming to terms with her decision to give up “civilian” life. She is a ballerina and displays her talents through much of the show. She is also easily swayed to join in mischief.
• No Experience Necessary. Please Limit Vocal Auditions To A Maximum Of 1 Minute or 16 bars of music.
• Sheet Music Is Preferred (Playhouse Provides Pianist). CD, Flash Drive or MP3 Accompaniment Must Not Contain Prerecorded Vocals and must stop at 1 minute. NO CASSETTE TAPES OR IPODS PLEASE.
• If you do not have a prepared song, you will be asked to sing “Happy Birthday” with the Piano Accompaniment (A Pianist Will Be Provided). NO ACAPELLA VOCALS, PLEASE
• You will also be given simple stage movement to follow, unless noted under the show title. Please dress comfortably with correct shoes to move.
Call 321-636-5050 for more information.