Pink Ribbon Festival At Port Canaveral Features Shrimp Peelin’ Tomorrow
By Space Coast Daily // October 2, 2015
sponsored by Wild Ocean Seafood Market
FUNDRAISER FOR SPACE COAST CANCER FOUNDATION – $10 donation to participate in the contest.
PINK RIBBON FESTIVAL PRODUCED BY SPACE COAST DAILY
BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA – How fast can you peel shrimp? You can answer that question and test your skills when you enter the Pink Ribbon Fest’s Shrimp Peelin’ Contest on Saturday, October 3 at the Port.
Register now and get ready to match up against some great peelers. The event, sponsored by Wild Ocean Seafood Market, will take place at 3 p.m. at the main stage outside the Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral.
Here are the Shrimp Peeling Contest Rules:
• The Shrimp are a “boat run” product. This means that all shrimp are not the same size. Every contestant has 2 / lbs of shrimp at start to clean. If shrimp are all cleaned before time limit, more shrimp will be provided.
• Winners are judged on the weight of the shrimp that they peel within the time limit. Participants must peel the shrimp completely clean. Any shrimp with shell on will be disqualified.
• All shell, tails and miscellaneous parts must be placed in empty trash containers.
• When time is called, cleaned Shrimp that are to be weighted must be in the bowl in front of each peeler.
• Contest will last 3 minutes. The winner along with 2nd and 3rd place will be determined by the amount of cleaned shrimp by weight, placed in each contestants cleaned shrimp container.
• Participants will begin when the whistle blows. The whistle will be blown a second time when 3 minutes is up. Any shrimp not cleaned when the second whistle blows will not be counted.
• If any shrimp shell or legs are still attached to the shrimp that shrimp will not be counted.
• Once the timed event whistle has been blown, participants will immediately stop peeling shrimp and sit back from the table so a judge may weigh the shrimp.
• All shrimp must be counted/weighed to verify accuracy prior to judgement.
• No mechanical devices allowed, peeling will be with hands only.
CLICK HERE FOR SHRIMP PEELIN’ REGISTRATION FORM
For more information about the Pink Ribbon Walk & 5K Run festival call 321-323-4460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org