Canine Ambassadors To ‘Hang 10’ During 52nd Easter Surf Festival At Lori Wilson Park
By Space Coast Daily // March 24, 2016
Event takes place at Lori Wilson Park mar. 25
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA BEACH, FLORIDA – Come out and see some true canine ambassadors take to the waves and “hang 10” during the Brevard Humane Society’s Surfing Festival Pet Contests held in conjunction with the 52nd Annual Easter Surfing Festival on March 25 – 27, at Lori Wilson Park in Cocoa Beach.
On Friday, March 25, the Humane Society will host the Surf-n-Tails Luau at Jenna’s Breezeway, located at 20 N. Brevard Avenue in Cocoa Beach, from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Activities will include:
• Limbo & Hula Hoop Contests
• Horseshoe Tournament
• Surf Legends Signing
• Silent Auction & 50/50 Raffle
• Live Music, Food & Cash Bar
• FREE Admission
* Friendly, leashed and vaccinated dogs are welcome.
Saturday, March 26th at 12:50 p.m.
– South Eastern Dog Surfing Competition ($25 entry fee/per dog)
Sunday, March 27th at 11 a.m.
– Best “Pet” Easter Outfit ($5 entry fee/per dog)
Canine Competition/Contest Rules:
• Festival hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. or until competitions end for the day.
• Must have proof of current vaccines and wear County Tag (if applicable).
• Must be checked in at the South Side Entrance of Lori Wilson Park (Dog Park Area). * Pets are not permitted on the beach.
• Dogs must be on leash and accompanied at all times, except when competing.
• Please be a responsible pet owner! Pet Waste Stations are available for cleanup after your pet.
• Parking is $10. Free passes will be given for pre-registration for contests.
• Trophies and/or prizes will be presented to winning dogs after each contest.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE ENTRY FORMS
ABOVE MAP: On Friday, March 25th, the Humane Society will host the Surf-n-Tails Luau at Jenna’s Breezeway, located at 20 N. Brevard Avenue in Cocoa Beach, from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.