‘I Got Skillz’ Instructional Football Camp Set For Saturday At McKnight Family Sports Complex
By Space Coast Daily // July 21, 2016
free clinic conducted by former NFL PLAYERS
BREVARD COUNTY • ROCKLEDGE, FLORIDA – Some traditions are important community events that evolve over time, while others are just plain fun.
Rockledge’s annual “I Got Skillz” instructional football camp is a combination of both. This year’s theme is “Let’s Go to Work! – Building Good Character By Positively Helping Each Other.” Admission for children aged 5-15 is free.
This free clinic is conducted by former NFL, collegiate, local high school all-stars and community leaders. Attendees will be taught football fundamentals, life skills, character building, education, sportsmanship and teamwork.
The combine also includes an obstacle course, team building and health awareness education.
The I Got Skillz Mommy Combine is for all mothers, and is set for Saturday, July 23 at the McKnight Family Sports Complex, located at 960 Cogswell Street in Rockledge from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is a $20 donation for the Womens Center for mothers who wish to participate.
I Got Skillz was founded by Space Coast Sports Hall of Famer Michael Cadore, who is currently the public safety coordinator at Eastern Florida State College and a police officer for the Rockledge Police Department.
“As a public servant, educator, citizen and more importantly a parent, it is essential that we show our youth the right way. I am so humbled to see the out poor of volunteers.”
“We must keep in mind, if we don’t serve our community now, don’t expect your community to serve you later.”
The event, presented by, Parisi Xcel Performance Center, includes a free lunch provide by Jersey Mike’s, I.G.S. t-shirt, school supplies and more.
Register today as only 150 slots open for athletes and slots fill quickly.
CLICK HERE to register online by July 19.
“Though the camp for the kids is free we are asking those participating in the Mommy Combine to donate $20,” said Cadore. “All proceeds go to the Women’s Center to help Domestic Violence victims and Train to Win Inc.”
CLICK HERE to donate.
The volunteers serve as educators, community leaders and in the field of public safety – many of which who previously played sports in Brevard. Confirmed athletes and personnel attending:
• Danny Copeland: EKU, Washington Redskins, Superbowl Champ
• Michael Cadore: EKU, Montreal Machine, Drafted by New Orleans Saints
• Willie Snead: Jets and Montreal Machine
• Wayne Williams: Florida Gators
• James Folston: Oakland Raiders
• Leon Bright: Florida State, NY Giants Superbowl Champ, NE Patriots
• Cletis Jones: Florida State, Drafted by New England Patriots
• Cal Dixon: Gators, NY Jets
• Maurice Young: Tennesee State, Dodge City Law
• Tommy Myers: Perdue, Orlando Predators
• Dontavious Wilcox: UCF
• Jeff Davis: University of South Dakota
• Jamel Jackson: Austin Peay State University
• Brian Goins: UCF
• Lor’Renzo Pratt: Iowa Western
• David Rowe: Rutgers
• Neely Moffet: Florida State, Bucs, Jacksonville Sharks
• Alex Goins: Bethune Cookman University
• Wayne Younger: FIU, Rockledge High Coach
• Wayne Lawrence: FAMU, Titusville high Coach
• Winfred Stickland: FAU
For more details, or if you want to donate your time and or assist in sponsoring the clinic, contact Camp Coordinator Cierra Cadore at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOVE MAP: The “I Got Skillz” football clinic will be held at the McKnight Family Sports complex located at 960 Cogswell Street and will feature approximately 150 children ages 5 to 15, who will be taught football fundamentals, life skills, education, sportsmanship and teamwork.